Return to Website

Sibalenhon Web Forum

Welcome to our Sibalenhon Web Forum and feel free to share your views/outlooks for the development of our beloved island Sibale!

Maliy kamo, kita'y mag-kamustahan ag mag suyat it ato mga pananaw at kuro-koro, subaleng usa kina sa parayan adong lalung mapaganda pa nato ka ato pinalanggang banwa!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

PLS. READ THIS FIRST!

This Forum is intended to encourage public debate.  We expect people to differ - judgment and opinion are subjective things, and we encourage freedom of speech and a marketplace of ideas.  

However, due to unprofessionalism of some users that we have observed lately, "RULES IN POSTING" is hereby instituted.  This serves as guidelines for us especially for those individuals not putting their real names,  their posting(s) will be deleted and the Internet Protocal (IP) address will be banned effective 13 September 2007, for the following grounds:

- Any things or materials contain vulgar, profane, abusive or hateful language, epithets or slurs, text or illustrations in poor taste, inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial or religious nature, or expressions of bigotry, racism, discrimination or hate.

- Any things or materials that are defamatory, threatening, disparaging, grossly inflammatory, false, misleading, deceptive, fraudulent, inaccurate, unfair, contains gross exaggeration or unsubstantiated claims, violates the privacy rights of any third party, is unreasonably harmful or offensive to any individual or community, contains any actionable statement, or tends to mislead or reflect unfairly on any other person, business or entity.

As per above rules, we reserve our right to remove any content posted in this forum at any time for any reason. 

Note: If necessary, you may request from the Web Forum Management about the IP address of any person violating this newly established Sibalenhon Web Forum's Posting Rules, for any legal action.  However, prior to release and banning of an IP address, we encourage you that you first present or post your request in this forum for public dialogue and deliberation to provide a fair action against such person or party involved.

Thanks for your cooperation.

By: Sibalenhon Web Forum Management

Sibalenhon Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Asset or Liability (Pakitiyage yang it basa)

Excerpt kali uli sa usang email.

Asset or Liability

THE BASICS OF CASH FLOW

There are those who e-mailed me asking about the basics of cash flow. I'm really sorry that I assumed everybody already understands it. Anyway, by demand ...... here it goes...

May isang bata... joke lang.

The basic is. What pattern do you see if you will get a P100.00 bill and monitor where and how it is transferred from 1 possessor to the other? How does it flow? The pattern for a typical Pinoy is.

You earn from your work, you spend it on food, gadgets, clothing and other basic needs. Before you reach the next payday, paubos na yung pera mo. But that's ok payday is just a few days ahead and it doesn't matter if I run out of money, I am expecting money again any time soon.

This cycle goes on and on and you make some sidelines or create other ways to earn but it seems that money was never enough. (I am tempted to explain further pero usapan... basics lang).

So you can't leave the job that you have because a week without work would affect the cash flow you have to support your family and needs. As much as you wanted to accept another job, the gap would make you pay less for a couple of days, which makes you a slave to your boss.

At least, you have a job to support your needs.

So to illustrate.. .Cash is flowing inside your pocket.

Years have gone by doing your monotonous routine.

Question... what if you get fired? Or you were forced to retire because there are new and younger people ready to take your place. What would you do?

As an OFW, Makati Executive, Top Salesman, Engineer, Attorney, Teacher, etc... What if it all ends? Th e sweet cash that enters your pocket every 15 th and 30th suddenly comes to a halt.

There are two things you can buy with your money... An asset and a liability. To describe each... An asset brings money inside your pocket; a liability takes money out of your pocket. Another way to see, it is that an asset if you buy one, will bring the money you spent for it back to you 2 or 3 folds. A liability, when you buy it will not give your money back at all.

Sa ilocano... idjay ti kwa... djak maawatan... (joke lang po, seryoso na kayo eh...)
Sa madaling salita... kapag asset, maibabalik ang pera , pag liability, goodbye sa pera...

Ang problema kay JUAN DE LA CRUZ, habang may trabaho ipon ng ipon at bili ng bili ng liability!

I have seen OFWs get back to the country with gold chains at kung pwede lang limang shades ang isuot ng sabay-sabay gagawin nya eh... dvd, component, jackets, clothes, inuman, pulutan, party, pabango... hindi na makalakad sa dami ng bitbit...

At s'yempre mga empleyado natin dito sa bansa na lingo-lingo bago cell phone at mags ng kotse.. hindi na nga magkasya ang damit sa aparador, tapos pag umaga sasabihin... . wala na akong maisuot.

Guys, esep-esep... what you bought... will it bring money back to you? I know what you have in mind... you have to enjoy what you worked hard for. That's right, but think of something that will last.. . think of your future.

I have seen the worst of people who were abogado de kampanilya, executive secretaries of top rank business men, people who worked for big companies, earned a fortune and got a big retirement pay by the millions... Now.... Wala na.

Why? Because of their cash flow... went in... went out.

I need not to mention basketball players, actors, singers, etc... Check what is their career path... next after acting, singing and playing... POLITICS. Kasi, 'yung million na kinita nila, puro liability ang binili.

Going back... all the liability they bought, ibinenta ng mura! I'm wearing a gold chain now, which I got from a seaman... he bought i t for P35,000 and sold it for 8,000 to me. Hindi po asset ang alahas! Bakit? Totoo na tumataas ang value n'ya pero kapag gutom ka na, kahit palugi ibebenta mo! (wala bang aaray?) Cell phones... dvd players etc. pati bahay at kotse... that's the cash flow of most OFWs...

The question is ... "WHAT IF THE INCOME STOPS?"

Sa Pinoy, ganito: anak... mag-aral kang maigi, at pag tanda namin... ikaw na bahala sa amin ha.... Hindi po ba maling-mali. ..

You have to establish something today that will take care of your future.

Teka, teka... eh ano ang dapat gawin para hindi mangyari yan?

You must create a source of income that will continually make money flow inside your pocket. Start a business! While you are working as an executive or an OFW, or a professional. .. START A BUSINESS and MASTER that business till you get out of that company. Para kapag tumigil ang income mo sa kanila... may susuporta pa din sa iyo hanggang pag-tanda mo!