Return to Website

Sibalenhon Web Forum

Welcome to our Sibalenhon Web Forum and feel free to share your views/outlooks for the development of our beloved island Sibale!

Maliy kamo, kita'y mag-kamustahan ag mag suyat it ato mga pananaw at kuro-koro, subaleng usa kina sa parayan adong lalung mapaganda pa nato ka ato pinalanggang banwa!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

PLS. READ THIS FIRST!

This Forum is intended to encourage public debate.  We expect people to differ - judgment and opinion are subjective things, and we encourage freedom of speech and a marketplace of ideas.  

However, due to unprofessionalism of some users that we have observed lately, "RULES IN POSTING" is hereby instituted.  This serves as guidelines for us especially for those individuals not putting their real names,  their posting(s) will be deleted and the Internet Protocal (IP) address will be banned effective 13 September 2007, for the following grounds:

- Any things or materials contain vulgar, profane, abusive or hateful language, epithets or slurs, text or illustrations in poor taste, inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial or religious nature, or expressions of bigotry, racism, discrimination or hate.

- Any things or materials that are defamatory, threatening, disparaging, grossly inflammatory, false, misleading, deceptive, fraudulent, inaccurate, unfair, contains gross exaggeration or unsubstantiated claims, violates the privacy rights of any third party, is unreasonably harmful or offensive to any individual or community, contains any actionable statement, or tends to mislead or reflect unfairly on any other person, business or entity.

As per above rules, we reserve our right to remove any content posted in this forum at any time for any reason. 

Note: If necessary, you may request from the Web Forum Management about the IP address of any person violating this newly established Sibalenhon Web Forum's Posting Rules, for any legal action.  However, prior to release and banning of an IP address, we encourage you that you first present or post your request in this forum for public dialogue and deliberation to provide a fair action against such person or party involved.

Thanks for your cooperation.

By: Sibalenhon Web Forum Management

Sibalenhon Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sibalenhons please unite for the common good

Dear Sibalenhon,

We want to be clear here.

We are very concerned of what is going on in Romblon Province since the time of former congressman Mr. Natalio Beltran then during the term of Mr. Madrona and Mr. Ylagan.

I hope we will unite from 2007 - 2010 because se really have to think of what is going on in our province economically and socially.

As I pointed our earlier in my posts, partisan politics will be dealt with in 2010. We will deal with the issues against Mr. Madrona and Mr. Beltran in May 2010.

Can we not unite just for about 3 years?

And also, I do not need to put my titles here by now. You know where I am coming from. Since I grow up in Odiongan and Manila, if I post here in this forum, you will not understand my thought processes if you do not know my "self-identity". It needs humility to made known our identities because peoples who do not agree with us and those who have personal agenda that we are affecting will try to insult and sabotage us.

But, I deal with more difficult peoples here in America with personality disorders. I will not be affected by these peoples from Sibale who can be mean because of selfishness in the disguise of "helping the poor and the needy".

Sicerely,

Ms. Delia Saluba Famatigan

Re: Sibalenhons please unite for the common good

Delia,

What about the term of Cong. Firmalo?
Sometimes you sound more meaness ma'am,
May I know exactly your relationship with the former congressman? Sobra yata ang suporta mo sa kanya!
Imagine you are already residing in the state yet you are still interfering in our own polical affairs. Why not just concentrate on your job taking care of special patients.

Re: Re: Sibalenhons please unite for the common good

Dear Rustom,

Please wake up. Do not be very political this time. We need to unite.

We supported Mr. Madrona in 1992 and we kept our mouth shut till 2003. But something went very wrong last 2003 in his term and the term of Mr. Ylagan.

Concerned citizens of Romblon found Dr. Firmalo as a good alternative politician. I am one of the concerned citizens. Without money and machinery, he ran for congress. And he won. That is his legacy to all of us who are working class peoples.

And also, as an Odionganon his family and our family and his relatives and our relatives had been helping since the founding of Odiongan in the 1800s. Our ancestors, Cirilo and Santiago clans from Banton Island helped in the progress of Odiongan.

Santiago clans are composed of the Fallarme, the Fallaria, Fallar and the Fallurin. There are many Fallaria members in Odiongan. The Cirilo clan became Firmalo clan. There are many Firmalo members in Odiongan.

Rustom, if you want to help the poor and the needy, you will support a person like Dr. Firmalo.

In 1992, we thought that Mr. Madrona will be a better choice to change Romblon's political and economic problems. But he ( Mr. Madrona) chose to be a traditional politician. We have to burn the bridge between us.

At this point, we do not even know who will run in the next election for opposition. And we do not want to discuss election matters because it is too early.

We want Mr. Madrona and Mr. Beltran to execute the projects they promised last election. We do not want to sabotage their term.

And think as a Christian. When you do, you will understand what we ( expats ) are doing.

We want to help Romblon be very progressive.

Sincerely,

Delia Saluba Famatigan
Chicago

Re: Re: Re: Sibalenhons please unite for the common good

DELIA,
Thanks for enlightening me, let's not talk politics this time.
Like you, my ancestors too were from Banton, they are the early bantoanons in Sibale, meaning after the departure of the Spanish conquestador, they settled in.
I think, I should agree with you this time.
Rustom

Re: Sibalenhons please unite for the common good

Manang,

I'm very thankful for your concerned to us as you have indicated in your email. I am also proud that you are successful and I would suggest that you go back in your old messages format showing your achievements. You are an inspiration to us!

I absolutely agree that we can achieve a lot if we unite for common good, Apparently however I have very much doubt that we can achieve it right away since many of us are showing biases. Fingerpointing and branding will not help at all..It will only deepen the cut that has been created by irresponsible posting, talking and rumors insinuation.

In this forum alone most of us are not exercising prudence in posting comments. In fact, I find this forum bias that's why I'm not posting or replying that much.

Anyway, I am very much aware of what is happening in Sibale and would love to help. In some way I have done my part though I still believe that I can do more. You can count on me that I will help Sibalenhon in the best that I can. We will unite for common good.

Tagataktak