Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Domains Discussions
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Moving from a Frontpage site to a Site Builder one

I am an absolute novice so please forgive me if this is a stupid question. I have a couple of websites that I built using Frontpage, but the program is only installed on a very old computer (it would never install on my laptop) and I will lose the ability to do anything with the sites if that computer should die... I would like to move the sites over to Bravenet's Site Builder app but I don't know the first thing about how to go about it. Is there a site or anything that has step by step instructions?

Re: Moving from a Frontpage site to a Site Builder one

With Sitebuilder you will have to rebuild your site from scratch.

Unless you are using Microsoft's proprietory Front Page Extensions, which you would lose in Sitebuilder anyway, you can maintain your existing site with any html editor (I use Nvu which is free).

Sounds like I have some studying to do... thanks for the lead on a program ☺

When you say "Front Page" it rings warning bells:

FP started out as a standard site building tool which could be used anywhere and which produced standard html files which could also be edited with different tools.

Microsoft then added what they called "Extensions" which locked you in to using Front Page and could only be used with hosting services that had also installed the necessary Microsoft software.

Most questions about Front Page will have two answers depending if Extensions were used.

There is a lot of services and tutorials available on the internet to do the task as you mentioned.
Using Youtube you can learn anything with out paying single penny.

Thanks;
Zac John