Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Domains Discussions
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Domain name

I purchased the domain name greaterkakwa.com but when I try to locate it I seem to have to look up greaterkakwa.bravesites.com. How do I get my original domain name registered.

Re: Domain name

Are you paying for professional level hosting or have you just paid the registration fee for a domain?

I have just purchased the basic feature which allows you to create a website using the developed web pages.

As I can see adverts on your site it sounds as if you have just paid the $12.95 registration fee for a domain.

You can use that domain with a site hosted elsewhere but if you want to use it with a Bravehost or Bravesites website you have to buy the full Pro hosting package ($99)

It is a common practice among webmasters to mix and match services from different providers - in fact some consider it good practice to have domain registration and hosting handled by different companies. Also webmasters often use free hosting services to try out features before committing to a contract. So Bravenet will see nothing odd in your having a registered domain and free hosting.

Thanks Peter, I appreciate your assistance.

Neil