Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Domains Discussions
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
abuse messages

Hi , I receivedthe following email with attachment [ .scr] . Is it for real and should I open the attachment ?
My worries are :
1. none recieval of any emails prior to this
2. No phone calls
3. TalkTalk were hacked earlier in the year and I've had a couple of phishing calls
4. The domain sends out zero emails directly .
5. My domain appears active
Anyone else had problems like this
Cheers
Keith

PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com abuse-contact@publicdomainregistry.com.org via op.pl
00:54 (0 minutes ago)

to me
Dear Sir/Madam,

The following domain names have been suspended for violation of the PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com Abuse Policy:

Domain Name: ECODRIVEWELL.COM
Registrar: PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com
Registrant Name: keith darley

Multiple warnings were sent by PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com Spam and Abuse Department to give you an opportunity to address the complaints we have received.

We did not receive a reply from you to these email warnings so we then attempted to contact you via telephone.

We had no choice but to suspend your domain name when you did not respond to our attempts to contact you.

Click here and download a copy of complaints we have received.

Please contact us for additional information regarding this notification.

Sincerely,
PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com
Spam and Abuse Department
Abuse Department Hotline: 480-599-2290

Re: abuse messages

Quote:

via op.pl

I think that rather gives it away. No genuine message on this topic will have been routed through Poland.

If you have a message where there is an outside chance that it could be genuine always look at the message headers to see how it has been routed. Every email client does it differently but they all have an option somewhere.

Ah thanks , i DIDnt look 'that' closely .
Cheers
Keith

I had a very genuine looking message about my email account today. I clicked on "view message source" (the option in that particular email reader) and found that it had been through a server in China.

Definitely not kosher - deleted!