Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Domains Discussions
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
transferring domain name

What is the cost of transferring a domain name to bravehost that is registered elsewhere?

Re: transferring domain name

I would think that if you started the transfer it should tell you how much before you accept it
Could be wrong and someone else will reply

on the links it says - You will require a transfer password supplied by your domain registrar or the domain owner. Please ensure that your domain name is not locked and that the email address listed with your registrar as the administrative contact for your domain is yours... then it asks for the name of the domain and then a box that says - transfer domain. I didn't want to go that far in case I decide not to transfer.

Bravenet do charge, I think its the same for a transferred domain as a new domain but I can't find anything to confirm that.

Lets be clear on what you want to do. What you have asked is to transfer the administration of your domain registration from another registrar to Bravenet. If you have other services registered through Bravenet there are advantages in maintaining all your services through one account but it is perfectly ok to have your web site hosting and domain registration handled by different companies. I do for one of my sites and the only problem is having an extra userid and password to remember.

I believe that there are issues over using an externally managed domain with a free Bravesites account (I have never tried that combination myself) but not with Bravehost or the Pro Bravesites service.

Hi Peter,
I have no problems with the registrar of domain name, but as you say thought it might be best and easiest for it all to be in one unit.

Domain transfers are $12.95 and include a 1 year domain name renewal.

There are many factors that can result in a transfer failing, so if you have any trouble just contact us and we will look into the cause of any problem as well as process new transfers free of charge until the transfer is completed.

price 13 dollar

i think u can transfer normaly