Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Domains Discussions
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
domain not showing up

I just paid for a domain www.ihaveodd.com I then took my bravesites page from www.muzzikmann.bravesites.com and associated it with ihaveodd.com When I go to the www.ihaveodd.com it says it is unconfigured, but when I go to the bravesites version it still goes to the site I created.
WHY?!?
What did I do wrong to not have it go to the domain I paid for?
Also kind of upset that they don't tell you until AFTER I paid for the domain that you also need an upgraded bravenet account. Paid for that too just to get this to work, now that I have it all I want it all!
Please help!

Re: domain not showing up

Hi Dan,

Domain purchases are not instant. It can take up to 72 hours for the internet to see a recently purchased domain. That being said, I can see your website on your domain. But it is possible that not everyone can see it yet.

Please give it some time to finish setting up.

Thank you.
Courtnie

but when I go to edit the page on bravenet it says it is not there also... I can't edit it either?

I see the site under your domain name. As Courtnie says there is a time delay until your own ISP updates their DBS records. My ISP will pick up an new .uk domain within the hour but I have heard of others taking a couple of days.

I am not a Bravesites user so I don't know what you will see but I have associated a domain with an existing account at another hosting service. I see the old name when I log in to the hosting account not the domain. Both names are accessible on the web.

I would guess that you need to maintain the site under the Bravesites name not the domain name. Also a lot of people end up registering more than one Bravenet account, do make sure that you are logging in to the right one.

I can see this site

http://www.ihaveodd.com/

Typo in my post
DBS should of course be DNS (= Domain Name System)

Everything is working now. I guess it is just a matter of patience for it to propagate.
I just wished that this was more informed at the time as I was doing some editing at the time and had to stop because I was not sure what was going on.

As I stated above, it would also be nice to be informed before you buy your own domain that in order to use that domain you have to have an upgraded bravenet account, not a free account.

Hi Dan,

I am terribly sorry for any confusion. Unfortunately people buy domains with us for many different reasons.

If a domain name purchases/added through the Bravesites tab we do warn users that they must have a paid account.

But if a user simply goes to domains tab and buys on there we have no idea what they intend to do with it. A lot of people simply buy domains to either hold onto or use elsewhere. Telling them they need a paid account would not be true for those situations.

Again, I am sorry for the confusion and happy that everything is working now.

Courtnie

domain not showing up

Halo, I can't find my web hosted by you. Why?
Thank you in advance

Your link works for me. What error message, if any, are you getting?

Works for me as well

http://boccemania.bravesites.com/