Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Mailing List Discussions
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Using Microsoft Outlook

I have set up my email for Outlook. It receives, but cannot send. I've reviewed the Wiki page, but it appears outdated. Using Office 365 for Mac. Hoping for some help.

Re: Using Microsoft Outlook

I guess this is actually a query about a configuring your Bravenet email rather than about the elist service.

As that is only available to paying customers you would get a quicker answer by raising a support ticket. BUT a helper here or a support tech will need more info. You need to give a step by step description of what you are doing, what you see and where you get the problem. Microsoft have now renamed all their email products as Outlook so you need to be clear which one you are trying to configure. If you are referring to Outlook webmail (formerly known as Hotmail) then that isn't covered in the wiki.

Thanks for your assistance. I am trying to set up Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 to send/receive Bravenet email.

I am using Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011. I can receive email, but I cannot send email. I get one of two error messages:

Cannot send mail. The SMTP server does not recognized any of the authentication methods supported by Outlook.

or

An operation on the server timed out. The server may be down, overloaded, or there may be too much net traffic.

"I am trying to set up Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 to send/receive Bravenet email. I am using Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011. I can receive email, but I cannot send email. I get one of two error messages: Cannot send mail. The SMTP server does not recognized any of the authentication methods supported by Outlook.
or
An operation on the server timed out. The server may be down, overloaded, or there may be too much net traffic."

We are currently having the same issue. Did you get yours fixed, and if so, HOW? Thanks.