Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Mailing List Discussions
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Unable to edit newsletter HTML (page locking up)

I am having trouble editing the copy blocks on my newsletter since I added some HTML coding that provided a virtual tour. I decided it to remove it, but I can't get to the "edit" button quickly enough before the tour starts to disable it and when I click the edit button AFTER the tour starts, it locks up the page. Is there a way to access the html coding without clicking that edit button? Or any other ideas?

Re: Unable to edit newsletter HTML (page locking up)

Bravenet techs haven't been very active on these forums since the holidays.

I guess that you are using the HTML Email option as that's the only one that takes you direct to the newsletter.

I have never been in that situation but have you tried going to the theme builder? Make a trivial change to the theme and it will then open up the newsletter directly into edit mode. I have no idea if that will work but its the only option that will take you straight into edit mode.

Thanks for the suggestion, Peter. I have tried that, but the offending code is still there and loads before I can hit the edit button. I'm disappointed in the response (lack of) that I've received from Bravenet. I am very close to migrating my lists to another mailer. Perhaps you have a suggestion on how to get their attention? I can't use a support ticket because I'm not a paid subscriber ... I do appreciate your help.

If you are just starting out with the elist service you could simply open a second Bravenet account and start again but any existing sign ups would need to reconfirm for the new account.

When I trialled this product there were so many problems with the double opt in process that I gave up and ran my list manually.

Depending on where you are located simply phoning Bravenet might be an option, they don't publish their number but Canadian phone books are available on line.

Open the editing page, do not scroll !
Zoom out the view until you can see the button that you need to edit that is causing problems. You must zoom out the page, you won't have time to scroll down.

Change your layout of the email and when you click save you need to be quick at clicking on the edit button you need to fix the problem. If you catch it in time the pop-up will show. It may take a minute or two for all the text to display, but it should if you give it time. You can delete it then save and should be good to go.

Email  

WindeSpirit solved my problem! I followed her advice and was able to remove the bad coding and save the altered template.
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question.
Chris

I also facing same issue.

These suggestions worked for me:

Open the editing page, do not scroll !
Zoom out the view until you can see the button that you need to edit that is causing problems. You must zoom out the page, you won't have time to scroll down.

Change your layout of the email and when you click save you need to be quick at clicking on the edit button you need to fix the problem. If you catch it in time the pop-up will show. It may take a minute or two for all the text to display, but it should if you give it time. You can delete it then save and should be good to go.