Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Mailing List Discussions
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mail list

Hi
I am just testing out the mail list . I sent An email from my gmail account and I get this error message Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

zoroastrianacceptance@zoroastrianism.cc

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain zoroastrianism.cc by mail1.bravehost.com. [65.39.211.20].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.1.1 : Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table
What gives on that? Also can I moderate the list? Can I forward and or download my old email (from outside of Brave Net) to this email list

Thanks

Re: Mail list

The sequence of events seems a bit back to front. This forum is specifically about the elist webapp and you can only send newsletters from within your Bravenet account not from another email service.

If you mean that you are using your gmail account as the "from" address for elist (aka Bravemailer) then you may have problems. A number of email services will not accept inbound emails "from" gmail (or Yahoo, Hotmail and AOL) unless they come from that company's servers.

Bravemailer can only be used to send newsletters created through the Bravemailer control panel in your Bravenet account.

If you are posting about some other email problem then you are in the wrong forum.