Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Mailing List Discussions
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Emails being returned from Hotmail

Hi,
I have been emailing clients on and off (not a mailing list) and have tried to send to two on hotmail tonight and they have bounced back.
I have not spammed nor sent random things. Please advise as this is affecting my business.
THanks

Email  
Re: Emails being returned from Hotmail

So this is not happening in the Bravemail Mailing List service but when you are sending email from your email account set up with your Bravenet hosting. Correct? What does the returned email say?

We are aware of some issues when emailing hotmail and working to resolve them.

Courtenay... just to pick up on what seems to be Hotmail blocking your Bravenet IP... below is the returned message advising that email has been blocked.

(expanded from ): host
mx2.hotmail.com[65.54.188.110] said: 550 SC-001 (BAY0-MC3-F17)
Unfortunately, messages from 65.39.211.71 weren't sent. Please contact your
Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list.
You can also refer your provider to
http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. (in reply to MAIL
FROM command)

This email address is my main contact from my real estate website... mail@realservicedirect.com is forwarded to admin@realservicedirect.com... which is forwarded to the website owner's email address... rsdcommercial@hotmail.com... which is obviously the hotmail address that is being blocked.
Is this a Bravenet problem or a Hotmail problem? I'm guessing that Hotmail has blocked Bravenet because someone is generating spam on the Bravenet IP?

That is the same message I get. Followed up with hotmail and they said it is because the server is getting lots of spam sent (assume bravenet as not me).

Email  

It seems that someone is generating spam through the Bravenet IP. Bravenet should have some sort of control over this matter. It is unfair to all its customers who pays but dont get the service. I sincerely hope that Bravenet resolve the matter urgently with Hotmail.

Following is the message that I received from Hotmail in response to my query:-

Thank you for writing back. I work with the Windows Live Hotmail Sender Support Team.

Our goal in Windows Live Hotmail is to make sure that every wanted message sent to our customers arrives in their inbox.

I know how frustrating it is when this does not happen. Emails from IP are filtered based upon a combination of IP reputation and the content of individual emails.

As what have mentioned in this email that your IP 65.39.211.67 was blocked by Windows Live Hotmail because the majority of all the email that you send has been judged to be spam by our internal filtering system.

Upon further investigation we have determined that this IP is owned and managed by Bravenet Web Services Inc. We have already coordinated with them and provided recommendations to resolve the problem.

Please continue to get in touch with Bravenet Web Services Inc to get further updates to this issue, and for them to understand the urgency of the situation.

Thank you for your patience.

[could you please fix this problem as i have been using the same e mail address for many years and have not had any problems until i arrived bace from my xmas break I as still able to recieve mail

I have just sent a test message from a Bravenet email form to my Hotmail account without problem so this doesn't appear to be a blanked blocking of all Bravenet IP addresses.

Could you clarify exactly what Bravenet service you are using and what error messages, if any, you are getting.