Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Mailing List Discussions
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Create / Send HTML Email No Longer Works

Create / Send HTML Email No Longer Works

My Create / Send HTML Email no longer working

I click under Send Newsletters to List on the link that says HTML Mail

This brings me to a page called HTML Email Builder with my Newsletter displaying

I click "edit title" and it works

I click "edit submenu" and it gives me the pop up to modify my newsletter, but won't let me type anything in.

It then pops up the bravemailer front page again where I started, only this time I can see the bravemailer front page in scattered pieces and my Newsletter is still underneath (in a shaded over form). I now can't click anything.

If I go back to the start and do the same with any of the other "edit" links in the newsletter, it does the same.

The only "edit" link that works is the first one for editing the title.

What do I do ???

Re: Create / Send HTML Email No Longer Works

Hi,

Trying to duplicate your issue, can you let us know what browser and version you are using? Thank you.

Courtnie

ok .. maybe the browser is the problem.

When I go into the browser help at the top of my page and click on "About Internet Explorer" it says I am using IE 8

The odd thing is when I go to youtube, it tells me my browser is out dated and that I am using IE 6

Should I maybe try re-downloading the IE 8 or maybe even 9 and try it again?

If you are using IE6 then that would defiantly be the problem.

I do find it a little bit odd that your IE says 8 but youtube is telling you 6. I would try reinstalling if you can.

However, I did test your newsletter in both IE8 and Firefox and ran into no issues.

You could also try using Firefox.

Courtnie

It won't work for me either today, and I've been trying off and on for 4 hours to send my weekly newsletter to my clients. I can go into my old HTML built newsletter w/ my header, etc, and edit...but when I click "save" I get a pop up box that says "save failed". I'm on a Mac, using Safari.

Hi Angela,

We are aware of that Safari issue and working to fix it.

Courtnie

ok .. I tried downloading the IE 8 once again and no luck with it.

I also keep the Netscape browser handy in case I ever need to try it for things such as this, so I tried using the Netscape and everything works Great !!!

Not sure why the IE 8 is not working for me, but it looks like I will be able to continue with Netscape.

If you find out any possible reasons for the IE being faulty, be sure to drop me a line.

Thanks for your Help !!!

I am so sorry, you really should not be having any troubles with IE8 and would like to try and figure out what is going on.

Can you go the this page in IE and copy and paste me what it says.
http://bravenet.com/help/client_diagnostics.php

Thank you in advance.

Great link ..

ok .. here is the info below. I noticed the pop ups say Blocked. If that is the problem, I'm not sure where to go to unblock it, if you could help that would be Super !!!

Visitor Information
Operating System : Windows XP
Platform : Windows
Resolution / Depth : 1024x768 (32-bit color)
Browser :
Cookies : Yes
Javascript : No
Java : No
Flash : Yes
Pop-ups : Blocked

thanks!

I am so sorry, I gave you the wrong link. Can you go to this one:

http://www.bravenet.com/global/diagnostics.php

I really just need your browser and agent info.

It should not matter if popups are blocked. You can turn it on though under the 'Tools' link in the menu bar.

Courtnie

Browser : Internet Explorer 8.0

Agent : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)Internet Explorer 8.0

As mentioned earlier, I had no luck when I re-downloaded the IE 8 in hopes it would fix the problem.

For some reason my browser was still getting messages of being outdated and that I was using IE 6 ... not 8

I did some searching and found a similar problem which mentioned to download a program called IEradicator

What this program does is completely deletes any IE 3 to 6 and its leftovers off your computer.

I tried it and it worked !!!

I don't get any more out of date messages.

At the same time, it has corrected the problem for the bravenet mailing program. I can now go in and everything is working !!!! I am able to click on all the edit buttons and continue.

Just thought I would pass that bit of info

Thanks for your help also.