Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Web Tools Discussions
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Aligning Buttons + Opening in New Window

Hi,

I sort of know how I should modify the code...but don't know where.

I'd like to be able to align buttons instead of having them on top of each other.
And I'd like to make sure that buttons lead to new windows instead of refreshing the current page (especially important with password protected area).

Any help would be welcome.
And if there's a way you can tell me where I can make text appear when hovering over button, that would be great..

Re: Aligning Buttons + Opening in New Window

You can use the following HTML code to open a new tab or window (this depends on the user's browser's settings):

target="_blank" ... see target links here for aid.

To align your buttons you can use either CSS or HTML. I'd suggest using the inline CSS code to align a button.

However you can use HTML styles as well. See here on how to do it via CSS.

Here's some example code to aid you :)

Code:
<!doctype html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>

<body>
<p>
<input type="button" name="button" id="button" value="Button" style="text-align:center">
</p>
<p>Basic <a href="#" target="_blank">hyperlink</a> open in new window/tab</p>
</body>
</html>

For the hover text I'd recommend the use of javascript as it is easier to implement than CSS. See here.

Re: Aligning Buttons + Opening in New Window

I've had a similar problem in the past, which I choose to modify the upper menu and I also knew a little about html and css. You can do like this for every change you want to do in the visuals of your website: in any browser open your page and use the right mouse button to inspect the element you want to change and you will be presented with a html line and a css showing the class and id of the element you wish to modify. This method has a lot of pros because it can be done by anyone even if you don't know about html or css since the parameters have really easy patterns to follow, you just have to alter then in the way you like and besides you don't do any significant changes in your source code before you are completely satisfied