Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Web Tools Discussions
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Cannot figure how users get their e cards

Hi
I just cannot understand the system of the e cards from the user's point of view. I have the code that makes the little form - where do they get a card pick up ID? what is the pick up page? what do I put as an url for the pick up page?
If someone offering ecards could please enlighten me. I know how to set up the collection of e cards and design the look and feel. I just don't know what users have to do and how they actually get their card??
thanks
Anni

Re: Cannot figure how users get their e cards

You clearly haven't sent yourself a card to see how it all works.

The copy / paste code gives you a box where the recipient can enter their pick up code.

The url is the address of the page where you place that box

When a card is sent Bravenet generates the pick up code and sends the recipient an email with the code and two links. One is to the url that you specified and the other is direct to the card itself. The recipient can retrieve the card either way.

Thanks . I actually didnt know how to send myself a card. Odd way of having to figure out the system. Would be easier to be able to just read instructions that say how it works.
Anni

You can see our Wiki for documentation pertaining to the eCards service, of course: http://wiki.bravenet.com/Category:E-Cards