Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Web Tools Discussions
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Malwarebytes "Malicious Website" error caused by web tools

After a lot of eliminating possible causes, I determined that my Bravenet Guestmap and Poll were causing Malwarebytes protection to pop up with a "Malicious Website" error. Having a free account, I can't contact Bravenet staff to warn them about this--I simply have to pull those tools off my home page. I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this problem. It probably cost me a *lot* of traffic before it was brought to my attention.

Re: Malwarebytes "Malicious Website" error caused by web tools

I think that it would be appropriate to use the "report service abuse" option which is available to everybody.

Peter is correct, that should be reported directly to our abuse line so we can investigate the issue in question.

Thanks!

If you work for Bravenet, then please do pass along the information to your superiors. I am just glad to have solved the problem, and do not now have time to pursue it further. At some point when the dust settles, I may go back to it and try to get coaching as to how to resolve the "fight" between Bravenet web tools and Malwarebytes protection. In the meantime, this is potentially a much bigger issue than just me, and I hope you will notify them.