Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Web Tools Discussions
This forum is locked and posting is not allowed
Author
Comment
Message Forum - Disable delete and lock/unlock in forums

how do i go about removing the forum lock and unlock features from showing on my website?
i also noticed that anyone visiting the forum and looking through the messages can actually delete previous people's messages from the individual forums.

how do i go about disabling these on the site? I'm sure its probably some HTML code that has to be changed somewhere.

thanks

Email  
Re: Message Forum - Disable delete and lock/unlock in forums

It sounds as if you are still logged in to your Bravenet account so you are seeing the forum as an administrator instead of as a visitor.

Quote: Peter
It sounds as if you are still logged in to your Bravenet account so you are seeing the forum as an administrator instead of as a visitor.

That's it , duh , man that drove me nuts trying to figure that out. I had logged out of Bravenet and tried the site again , but it kept doing that. Tried it today and they were gone.

Thank you

For the record, the Message Forum tracks whether you are logged in or not separately from your Bravenet account at www.bravenet.com. Subsequently, when you are logged into the forum as an Admin and want to logout and view it as a regular guest, use the "Logout" button on the bottom-left hand corner of the Message Forum Builder. That will log you out of the message forum properly.

how to remove my password before posting a message in the forum i created on my websites.. i need help please

Email