Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Web Tools Discussions
This forum is locked and posting is not allowed
Author
Comment
Photo album code failure

Hi.

I have a problem with getting the HTML code for my photo album, so I can use it in my blog-site.

When I click on "Get code" (top right Photo Album design page), there appears a box asking if I want to embed or link. Click on 'embed' (I've tried 'link', but the same happens) and up comes the code and a set of straightforward instructions ... this is all no problem and as expected.

When I move the cursor over the box containing the code, the cursor arrow changes to a red 'no entry' sign (red circle with diagonal slash) and I'm unable to copy the code.

I've tried deleting the album service and restarting from the basics, but that didn't change anything.

Can anyone please help, because I have lots of great photos to show to the world!

Daryl

Re: Photo album code failure

The cursor icon does not affect the ability to copy the code. I just copied and pasted without problem despite the "no entry" image.

Tried that. I could highlight the code, but not copy ... maybe I should copy by hand!?!

However, the story has moved on slightly. Bravenet sent me a confirmation email when I registered for the album, and in it were two pieces of code (very similar, if not indentical to the others I spoke of). The instructions said to choose the appropriate one and copy the code into the box on my website/blog.

Fairly straight forward.

I tried with the code to direct to an external page and that worked fine ... but it isn't what I'm after. The short code for embedding the photo album simply had no effect.

Still banging my head against the wall.

Cheers,

D

I highlighted and did a CTRL-C and pasted to a text document.

Are you using a Windows computer or some other platform?

Windows PC.

You said you copied and pasted the code into a "text document"? Surely you mean a "bravenet apps" content box?

D

Quote: Peter
I highlighted and did a CTRL-C and pasted to a text document.

Are you using a Windows computer or some other platform?

Think Peter meant that he pasted to a text document as a test of the code
There again I could be wrong

The appearance of the cursor indeed has no impact on the ability to copy text. If you can select the text within the content box, you should be able to use the CTRL + C key combination to "copy" it. Then, you can paste it within any text document or directly into the HTML code you wish it to appear at.

Hi Ross, thanks for the reply.

My problem isn't copying the code (I've worked around that), the real problem is that the code doesn't actually do anything when put into the HTML.

The code to 'redirect to album' works fine, but the code to 'embed album' doesn't do anything at all.

D