Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Web Tools Discussions
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Guestbook not working with ipad

Bummer. I really like this guestbook!

Download and install Firefox...works great. Better than Chrome with Anroid 4.0+
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mozilla.firefox
Photon Browser works great too on iPad and iPhone but they want $9.99 a year for the service or it is full of very annoying ads.

I agree with Tom, it's high time Bravenet made it's guestbook compatible for Ipads and Iphones.

I would try downloading the browser you suggest, but does anyone know how to make a different browser your default? When you get a notification in your e-mail that a post has been left in your guestbook, it would be nice to have it come up in a browser that will display it, instead of having to copy and paste the address from Safari into the other browser. (I have three guestbooks attached to three different websites, so don't know which one has been used until I get there)

I too like the guestbook, but wouldn't upgrade to pro, because it hasn't been updated in years. Couple of other things I don't like about it is that when you reply to a post, it doesn't retain your e-mail address, even though there is a box to enter it. They are aware of this, but won't fix it. I also preferred it when the replies were shown under the original posting, instead of having to click on it to read it.

Also, when you receive an e-mail to tell you someone has responded to a post, there is no way of knowing which post it was when you get there. The link just takes you to the guestbook, not the post, and sometimes it turns out to be several pages back. Annoying, because you have to find it to make sure it is not obscene or offensive.

Thank you for your feedback regarding this service, we have forwarded this on to our developers to expedite these updates in our queue.

Hi guys of bravenet, could you already solve this problem? More and more machines are rejecting java script!!!

youtube have an embedded iframe... maybe you can use the same??

A work around by using a different browser cannot be the answer as the customer wont download a different browser just to participate in writing on the guestbook.

A script to bypass it would be my anser

I started this post in 2012. It is a shame it has not been addressed yet. Bravenet....you should be ashamed of yourselves.
Many people will look for other hosting services that have better response time.

Already closed 5 sites