Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Web Tools Discussions
This forum is locked and posting is not allowed
« | | 1 | 2 | | »
Author
Comment
Welcome to the BRAND NEW Bravenet Website!

Please post any questions, comments, concerns that you may have here. We will be monitoring this post as best as we can.

Thank you,
Bravenet

Re: Welcome to the BRAND NEW Bravenet Website!

need to enter my site and refresh some pages, and can't access the server, wont let me in. says exceeded storage

please contact me

NILSA EBERHART

Bravenet,

Congratulations on the lauching of the new Bravenet site. I love the look. More professional and so far easily to navigate through. Hopefully the bugs are not many though if any should arise I'm certain that Bravenet tech will repair them asap.

Love it!
Scott

Unable to access Website Manager to make changes to my website pages.

CAN'T MAKE CHANGES or UPDATES!

will the site be up shortly? I need to upload pages to my site.. thats due to be released for tomorrow ..yikes!

looks great tho.. nice and fresh and bright..love the look :)

Hi Guys,

We are working on resolving the issues with website editing. Your websites still load fine.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Courtnie

Great and Wonderful brand spanking new site look and feel, too bad it doesn't work.

Love the new website !!!

It says my disc allowance is only 57mb's for website which i don't believe is correct so will leave a couple of days to see if it's a bug or not.

Otherwise top marks for a better looking webbie! The colour scheme works remarkably well and has inspired me not to make my sites all flash and techno looking if something like this can really stand out.

Hi Roy,

Happy you like the new site. We are fixing the disk space issue right now.

Courtnie

Spelling & grammar error i just found on Web affilates link-

"provide you copy (should be an & symbol included between?) paste codes"

"credit youR for each new signup"

Full text reads :

Affiliate Program.

Earn extra bucks with BraveApps Affiliate Program! We provide you copy paste codes and credit your for each new signup through your affiliate code!

Not trying to be a smart **** - just trying to help, honest !

No problem Roy, really appreciate it! I will fix that ASAP.

Courtnie

Courtnie did Bravenet remove the Wizard to edit and update our pages?

Hey where did my website go? This is what I'm getting

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

All better now.

Thanks for the quick fix!

Email  

Changes being made to my pages aren't being 'saved'..will this correct itself soon??

No one can post on my site. This is the message I am getting..Am not sure what to do.I am getting hundreds of calls. This is the message below:

This Message Forum has exceeded the maximum allowed number of posts. If you are the Message Forum owner, please consider upgrading your Forum Service..What do I do now? My site is a political website and peole are always on there and now no one can post. WHAT TO DO? P[lease somebody assist me. This is not good business for me.

Email  

I'm having the same problem. I do love the look, but I'm so confused. I have no idea on how to update or make changes on my website.
I need someone to explain how to do it.

Sandy,

What changes and where. Can you please be more specific as to how you are trying to change your pages.

Thanks,
Courtnie

Mervin,

If you are over your number of allowed posts you need to delete posts or upgrade your message forum to continue.

There was perviously a bug in a system that allowed member's to continue to keep posting even if they had gone over their limits. This bug has been corrected and is why you are seeing the notice now.

Courtnie

Courtnie, You have addressed Sandy but not my quetion. How do I get postings on my site, PLEASE DIRECT ME. IT IS SAYING....This Message Forum has exceeded the maximum allowed number of posts. If you are the Message Forum owner, please consider upgrading your Forum Service

Please, I am asking for some assistance.

Email  

Thank you. Where do I see that. I am lost to the site. I am not seeing that. Great job by the way....I am just lost and everyone looking answers.

Email  

Lilia,

It looks like your site is using the website wizard, there is a currently an issue with that option displaying - we should have it resolved shortly and then I will be more than happy to help you.

Courtnie

Mervin,

You can and delete posts by logging into your Bravenet account. Click the 'Web Apps' tab at the top.

Select your Message Forum and you will see your same editor as before.

You can use the link of the left to upgrade your service. Click 'Renew Service' and select a higher number of posts (second option on the screen).

Courtnie

Thank you.

Thank you Courtnie. Appreciate this.

Email  

Im in the Website wizard..and tried making changes to one of my artists page.. just how I used to do before...and i hit 'save changes'.. but then when i go to 'preview' the page..it still shows me the old page.

I can log on Bravenet with my username and password but when I go to SFTP ans use password for that it shows a connect box. I put 2 password in, the it says "Invalid username and password. Please help!

Wanda,

Your SFTP username and password is different than your Bravenet account password. If you are unsure of your SFTP password you can make a new one by clicking the password button.

Passwords are CaSe SeNsItIvE.

Hope this helps.
Courtnie

Hi Sandy,

There are some issues with the Website Wizard, we are woking to resolve them now.

Sorry for the troubles,
Courtnie

Hey there, i have a few accounts and i am not able to access any of my sites to make changes... I thought maybe they have been deleted but i see they are still running... how do i access them??

Email  

Hi Courtnie,

I did make a new password for SFTP and when the connect box comes up I put my username in and click connect. Then it says invalid username and password.

Please help

Wanda,

You shouldn't need to enter a username - it should be pre-filling that box for you with your special SFTP username.

You should only need to enter a password.

When the box loads, is there a username already there? If there isn't can you let me know what browser you are using.

Courtnie

My username is not in the connect box.

Wanda,

Before clicking the button for SFTP Applet you should see your username on the left under username. It will look something like this:

username-1231231232323

Copy and paste that into the SFTP Applet box and that should work for you for the meantime.

Can you tell me what browser you are using so I can get this issue fixed?

Courtnie

Thanks Courtnie, putting the name+numbers in works :)
I use Internet Explorer.

I am getting the following error message on my forum - This Message Forum has exceeded the maximum allowed number of posts. If you are the Message Forum owner, please consider upgrading your Forum Service.

According to my usage info I have used 11022 of 10000 Posts...

Hi Wanda,

Can you visit this URL for me and tell what version of IE you are using. Please and thank you.

http://bravenet.com/global/diagnostics.php

Courtnie

Brian,

If you are over your number of allowed posts you need to delete posts or upgrade your message forum to continue.

There was perviously a bug in a system that allowed member's to continue to keep posting even if they had gone over their limits. This bug has been corrected and is why you are seeing the notice now.

Courtnie

Quote: Courtnie from Bravenet
Brian,

Courtnie

Doesn't it just override old messages like it says here -
What will happen when my Forum service reaches the message limit?
If you have the Free Forum, when you reach 1000 messages you would either need to upgrade your service, or manually delete old posts to free up space.

With the Professional Forum, when you reach the limit of 10,000 posts it will automatically delete the oldest post, making room for new ones.
http://wiki.bravenet.com/What_will_happen_when_my_Forum_service_reaches_the_message_limit%3F

I have the "Professional" version how can I upgrade?

Hi Brian,

It doesn't over-ride, like it says there you need to manually delete posts or upgrade.

You can and delete posts by logging into your Bravenet account. Click the 'Web Apps' tab at the top.

Select your Message Forum and you will see your same editor as before.

You can use the link of the left to upgrade your service. Click 'Renew Service' and select a higher number of posts (second option on the screen).

Courtnie

Thanks!

Quote: Roy
Spelling & grammar error i just found on Web affilates link-

"provide you copy (should be an & symbol included between?) paste codes"

"credit youR for each new signup"

Full text reads :

Affiliate Program.

Earn extra bucks with BraveApps Affiliate Program! We provide you copy paste codes and credit your for each new signup through your affiliate code!

Not trying to be a smart **** - just trying to help, honest !

I noticed it has been corrected this morning Fell like i've given back something for all the times Bravenet have answered my Support Tickets in a small way.

Roy,

Thanks again for pointing that out.

Courtnie

Quote: Courtnie from Bravenet
Hi Wanda,

Can you visit this URL for me and tell what version of IE you are using. Please and thank you.

http://bravenet.com/global/diagnostics.php

Courtnie

Hi Courtnie,
I have Internet Explorer 9.0

Thanks Wanda,

We were able to find the bug and hope to have it fixed soon.

Courtnie

When I go to the SiteBuilder tab, at first it let me select between using the new sitebuilder or the old wizard (which never worked for me, I had to hand-code in dreamweaver and upload via FTP), so I chose to try the new sitebuilder and got (and continue to get) this error:

An Error has Occurred

Account Creation Failed.

Package cannot be found with ID provided

Request: POST /account?email=bn3061477487%40bravesites.com&package=8&api_key=29f0ff992547e89f7ed59ef8ae95f9e68d4b637d HTTP/1.1 Host: api.vivitiapp.com Accept: */* Content-Length: 0 Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

Response: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found X-Runtime: 5 Content-Type: application/xml; charset=utf-8 Cache-Control: no-cache Content-Length: 116 Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 17:30:04 GMT Server: LiteSpeed Connection: Keep-Alive Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=100 Package cannot be found with ID provided

Code: 404

Hi Julie,

We are currently working on fixing that issue and hope to have it resolved shortly.

Courtnie

Frames

I upload a file, it appears in the list on manager, howerver when I click I get an error page. When I click on the text there seems to be a lot of formating info and at the bottom it says this file uses frames and your browser does not support

Re: Frames

Judith,

What method did you use to upload your file?

Also, could you please open a support ticket.

Courtnie

Re: Frames

Hi Judith,

It looks like there is some weirdness in your code. Like perhaps you made the html files in a program such a Microsoft Word?

Your frames are also linking to files incorrectly. And perhaps to files that don't exist on your website.

Also, the error about frames would be because you made a file with frames.

I suggest making the pages again and make sure to upload all your files.

Courtnie

« | | 1 | 2 | | »