Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Copy/Paste Code Discussions
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Embed forum code

My embed code for the message forum on my web site works just fine, however when you click on the forum page in my menu bar the message forum loads up at the bottom of the page. Ok no biggie really but it bothers me that it does not load at the top of the page like it should. Any idea why?

Re: Embed forum code

Doesn't seem to happen for me - unless I misunderstood the problem. What does seem a problem, is that the forum is too wide to be seen without scrolling sideway in 1280x1024.

Forum width is set in General Settings - Display.
Though I suspect you have already used this, since you have way more than the default.

Maybe that is my problem I have the width set for full screen for IE which is what most people use, but yes if your using Google Chrome then you do have to scroll side ways. I'll set the width back to default and see if that clears up the page loading at the bottom of the page instead of loading to the top of the page. I don't have the other browser to check the view such as Foxfire, because I know the best web site view is one that will look nice in any browser you use. Thanks for your suggestion I will go back and reset my width.

I again went back and re sized the message forum page on my web site then centered it on the page, the page still loads to the bottom of the page, and I also noticed that every page on my web site will re size to fit the smaller windows but the message forum page does not, it stays the same and you still have to scroll sideways if your using small window view or those multiple windows view or Google Chrome browser. I never thought about how others view the pages on my site because it has always re sized the view if your using windows of any size, (the site does) but that message forum page does not. Oh well guess it's one of those things just to drive me batty. people will just have to view that page full screen or not at all no biggie

Quote:

which is what most people use

Not any more, these days a significant proportion are using tablets or smartphones.

Very true about the tablets and smart phones but speaking in general most do still use a lap top or pc when surfing the web, I find it to small on a smart phone to see text and the tablet is ok, but I only use the tablet on the go not for home use or office use. What's your point if only to say something not relevant to the topic.