Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Copy/Paste Code Discussions
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Copy/Paste Code

I received the email and it said like below:

"The code below will place your service right on your website. Paste the code where you want the service to appear on your webpage."

But I was wondering where to paste the code??? By the way, I use this site for blogging.

Thanks for you help!

Re: Copy/Paste Code

It's been a couple of days. It is not that we don't want to answer. It is just that the answer appear to be in the second of the two sentences you quote: "Where you want the service to appear on your webpage".

For some reason that you are not telling us about, you have a problem with that.

Open the page in whatever editor you used to create it and follow the instructions provided by the vendor for pasting code snippits.

All editors are different, without knowing what you are using we can't say

I have a similar problem: I did copy the cod provided but the "Paste" part of the operation doesn't work.
I use the Bravenet counter on my old blog and at that time(few years agoI I didn't have any problems.
Now I do try to have the same counter on my new website and I have a big problem:)
Any suggestion?

Jerzy

If your problem is similar, why do you appear to think that Peters answer is irrelevant?

"Peter
Jan 12, 2012 - 11:02AM

Open the page in whatever editor you used to create it and follow the instructions provided by the vendor for pasting code snippits.

All editors are different, without knowing what you are using we can't say"

Because I'm not a computer expert .I don't know what kind of "editor" (what ever this is) I used .I just signed to bravenet and got the code to copy /paste.
If you can't offer any help please do not waste my time on exchange on empty sounds just to prove that you can write.

Jerzy Ulicki-Rek

Because I'm not a computer expert .I don't know what kind of "editor" (

I am not a car mechanic but I still know what the various bits of the car are called.

Peter

Because I'm not a computer expert .I don't know what kind of "editor" (

I am not a car mechanic but I still know what the various bits of the car are called.

"If you can't offer any help please do not waste my time on exchange on empty sounds just to prove that you can write.

Jerzy Ulicki-Rek"

GOT THIS?
Jerzy

As for me, there are very few parts of the car I can name. All the bits and pieces that I cannot reach from the drivers seat are a complete mystery. Fortunately, when I need help from a mechanic, I'm smart enough to realize that I must at least try to explain what is wrong and what I'm doing when I notice the problem.

Also, even if it is incredibly annoying that this mechanic knows more about my car thatn I do, I try to keep my manners and not behave like an (uh... don't think that word is allowed on this forum. Let's make that "I try to behave.").

I just struggle on an try to ask about the things I don't understand. ("OK, so if carburetor isn't the word that car is an abbreviation for, then what is it?")

"Also, even if it is incredibly annoying that this mechanic knows more about my car thatn I do, I try to keep my manners and not behave like an (uh... don't think that word is allowed on this forum. Let's make that "I try to behave.")."

Corwings..
That's the trick with personal culture:you either have it or you don't.
You do...some don't:)

But in relation to a copy/paste : I'm still shaking my carburetor

Jerzy

And-after exchanging all those empty sounds I'm still at square 0 :)

Jerzy

Can I help ????
Create the page "Copy the counter code" on this wiki!

How can I add the counter to my website?

... "Manage Counters" 5. Click on the "Code" link beside the counter which you would like to use. 6. Highlight and Copy the code and paste ...

406 B (67 words) - 18:53, 4 August 2011

What is the Counter Stats service?

The Counter Stats service tracks and records visitor traffic for the webpage you put the copy/paste code on. The Site Stats portion of ...

416 B (71 words) - 19:18, 1 December 2009

Why does my counter say the code has changed?

... your counter code to show your counter as an outdated image. You can fix this by using the new Copy and Paste code from your Counter Stats Service ...

421 B (71 words) - 19:18, 1 December 2009

How can I align my counter to the left or right of my webpage?

... copy/paste code here>> Category:Counter ...

211 B (36 words) - 19:18, 1 December 2009

I cannot find the code for the Hit Counter anywhere. Am I looking at the wrong place?

Or will somebody post the code and I just copy it from here?

Thanks.

Each counter has its own unique code. You can only find yours through your own Bravenet account, nowhere else.

1. You must have created a Bravenet account before you do anything else.
2. Log in and click on the WebApps tab
3. Scroll down to the Register New Web Applications section and register for the hit counter service. (Every webapp has a variety of service options, Bravenet don't try and guess, you have to go and choose) - if you have done this step already then click on "Counter Stats" in the "Your WebApps" section
4. Click on "Manage Counters". Once a counter has been created you have the option to retrieve the code. You can create a maximum of three free counters in one account.