Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Coding Discussions
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wordpress Integration

Thanks so much Courtnie.

Wow I have been trying to figure out how to get rid of the /wordpress in my domain name...... and just let it sit on my own domain, FOR TWO DAYS! I had it all done and wonderful except this one little thing. Your instructions helped me... small detail but very important... to DELETE THE INDEX.HTML FILE.... wowow something sooo simple but I just could not find out what was wrong. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP... I APPRECIATE YOU SO MUCH. HAVE A WONDERUL WEEK!

Thanks for the tip on deleting the index.html file Barbara! I was having trouble with wordpress being installed in the root directory. Set up went really smoothly, until I went to view the live website and kept getting a Bravenet splash page.
As soon as I deleted the Index.html - worked like a treat!

I am so turned around and confused. Ok I have a site (pro-hosting) it is a subdomain profiles.mytwinflame.info. It is set to be aimed NOT at the hosting but at the file manager files (bravenet did this for me). When I go to my file manager here is what I see;

wordpress
wp-admin
wp-content
wp-includes
.htaccess

Then others under that. When I open wordpress I see this;

wp-admin
wp-content
wp-includes
Index.php

Wordpress IS running but I just bought an expensive social profile plugin for wordpress that is NOT running right. Bravenet installed it in the top example under (without opening wordpress) content. plugins.

Do I need to delete everything and reload/install wordpress with no directory at all? Should I delete the bravenet ... file before loading wordpress? It will not let me delete it. I made a test subdomain and tried to delete the directory and it would not let me.

Lastly there is no option for me to load the new plug-in into the wordpress. wp-content.plug-ins file. How do I do that?

I hope this makes sense.

Dana

I would also like to see this tutorial but when I clicked on it, I get an error message as to imply it's not in the same link or it has been removed.

Please help me. I'm having similar issues with migrating my wordpress site files to my Bravenet domain server.
Thanks

Raise a support ticket.

Courtnie from Bravenet

Hi, Courtnie,

I tried to reach the link that you provided above and this link is no longer available. I am trying to integrate Wordpress into my already built Bravenet website so that I may create funnel pages on my website and nothing seems to be working. If you have another link that you could provide, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in Advance.

The link was posted 5 years ago with a note that it wasn't up to date then. Your best bet is to raise a support ticket.