Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Coding Discussions
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
My counter does not work

Can a bravenet counter expert look at my website and give me the correct counter coding. the counter worked for many years but now it has stopped so somehow the coding has got a fault in it or some lines missing. I no longer have what it takes to address this problem myself!!

Re: My counter does not work

I can't find the counter code on your home page at all. It looks to me as if you have deleted it entirely at some point.

Just get the code from your account and put it back.

My counter used to work for ages. Sinice I have upgraded my operating systém to Windows 10 it stopped. Bit it may be a red herring.. The Bravenet sccript is not missing in my INDEX file.

I don't see the counter using Firefox and Windows 7. The code is there and I can't see an obvious issue with it.

Many years ago there was a regular problem with counters just stopping and the cure then was simply to delete the code and get fresh from your Bravenet account. This is still worth doing before trying anything else.

For me the issue isn't javascript blocking as I have checked javascript based functions on my own sites this morning.

Of course there may be more than one reason for blocking so the next thing is to check that your upgrade hasn't left you with javascript blocked in your browser. It is always worth testing in more than one browser. As a webmaster you should always have several installed for checking on problems.

More likely it is a firewall setting (I am running Kaspersky but have exceptions set for my own sites) which is blocking third party javascripts. If you can't find any obvious settings you will need to disable all security to check this. Don't forget to reset it all before you do any other browsing.

While it is easy to blame Bravenet it is most unlikely that the problem is at their end.

Thanks Peter. I checked my browser. It allows JavaScript. I shall reload Bravenet code as you suggested. I forgot how to do it. Can you send me instructions. Thanks a lot.