Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Coding Discussions
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Form Codes--submit does not work in newer browsers

I searched this site and many on the web and finally got a code for a form. All I want is a place for Full Name, a place for the Person's email. I also want a submit button and
a mailto for the person viewing the site to contact the person who did the form.

I did get the html code and it does seem to work on my old Netscape browser but does not work in the newer Chrome, Fox and Safari browsers. I have a mac so have not tested
Internet Explorer.

I cannot seem to find away to put a form in as an inline css element. Has anhyone else experienced this and what was the solution if any?

I am really not well versed in css so would want to know what to put in the head section to get the css form to work in newer browsers.

Re: Form Codes--submit does not work in newer browsers

*form action="MAILTO:someone@example.com" method="post" enctype="text/plain"*
Name:*br*
*input type="text" name="name" value="your name"*br*
E-mail:*br*
*input type="text" name="mail" value="your email"*br*
Comment:*br*
*input type="text" name="comment" value="your comment" size="50"**br*

*input type="submit" value="Send"*

*/form*

I used the * instead of the< and > so this would post right. there might be a biut in the above but I would have had to have all the bugs out when it worked in Netscape.

Mailto will only work if the user has configured their browser to open the correct email application.

I haven't checked your code but there is a good chance that the problem is with browser configuration rather than the form. Its much more reliable to use PHP for your email forms. There are plenty of free scripts on the web or you can use a hosted service such as Bravenet's.

"I haven't checked your code but there is a good chance that the problem is with browser configuration rather than the form. Its much more reliable to use PHP for your email forms. There are plenty of free scripts on the web or you can use a hosted service such as Bravenet's."
(copied yours so I could see it as I am replying)

I so not know how to use php for email forms--that is the reason I am asking--how do I do this? Where is this hosted service on Bravenet for forms--I found it once but cannot remember where.

For now I will have to use the regulat mailto link--that does work, but has limits--would rather have a form.

I did find a php script on the web--will try it.

I use one from tectite.com which I was able to configure with zero PHP knowledge.

I also use Bravenet email forms.

The tectite script is a lot more versatile but lets through a lot of spam. The Bravenet service is more simplistic but doesn't get spammed so easily.

The Bravenet script gets used for sending me plain messages, the tectite script lets me do more complex things like accepting a customer order and then presenting them with a downloadable invoice.

I stopped most of the form spam by blocking all Russian IP addresses from my site!