Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Coding Discussions
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Is there a protection against BlackHole Exploit Kit?

From time to time I got hidden links on header.php (I use WP for all my sites) and I found that it is very plausible that it is because a various attacks from BlackHole Exploit Kit.

Any solution, besides change header's permits.

Re: Is there a protection against BlackHole Exploit Kit?

ihave the same problem , but this is in all hosting entreprise

Members are responsible for maintenance and security of their 3rd party software, and PHP scripts. Including web browsers, email clients, and installations such as WordPress.

We continuously scan our hosting system for possible threats and notify affected members. If a site is serving malware, it may be immediately suspended until the problem is resolved.

And that was the 'copy and paste' answer of the year.

No even relate nor useful.

Email  

My response is directly regarding your question, I apologize for any confusion.

Code injected in your WordPress PHP files would be a sign of a compromised website. If you have already cleaned your site and computers used to access it, changed passwords, updated your WP installation, and updated or removed all themes and plugins then the problem may be resolved.

Per my previous reply, members are responsible for maintaining 3rd party services like a WordPress installation.

If you have any doubts or problems continue, please open a support ticket and we can see if our hosting administrators can see any current problems.

A compromised WordPress site is typically due to a vulnerability found in an out of date WordPress installation, plugin or theme. Some sites may also be infected through a compromised FTP account. The FTP login is usually found by malware infecting a computer that had connected to the website via FTP.

We offer SFTP as a secure alternative to FTP, and it is now default in our service. You can read about SFTP here:
http://wiki.bravenet.com/SFTP

Regular FTP transmits passwords in plain text and is easily stolen by malware and other 3rd parties.