Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Coding Discussions
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Password protected page - problem with getting an embedded script to work

A script that I have embeddee on a page works 100%.

When I password protect the page the script will not work properly,

(ie link to an external server,)

Is there any way to sole this problem?

Re: Password protected page - problem with getting an embedded script to work

Can we clarify, is this a problem on the login page or on an internal page after the user has logged in?

The script would be on a password protected page after the user logged in

Would it be possible to put this script on a page that is not password-protected and link to it? A page without whatever content you want to protect, unless it is impossible to separate that from the script.

I'm not good with scripts myself, but it seems likely there is some conflict between the scripts, and maybe someone will spot it. An actual page is best, posting the script here is usually a bad idea.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, you can hear the script in action here, http://radio-road-racers.com/

The script is the player, for a music internet radio station which I run.

I also run a talk content ony radio station, which I want to make available to logged in users only, hence the need to have the talk station on a password protected page,

The script for the music station/talk station are the same, apart from the station id tags.

Well, as I said, I'm not good at scripts, so I was hoping someone else could solve this. However, I tried this:

I uploaded a copy of your page.
The player worked.

Then I added password protection. The resulting page was silent after login. However, from the login page, I went to a frameset. One frame was named "protected", the other "sponsorbar". When I rightclicked the protected frame, and selected Frame and Open in new tab, I got a page with a working player in the new tab.

That doesn't necessarily help you a lot.... Are you using the free version of Password Protect? Could be the problem is solved if you upgrade and get a frames-free page. But maybe you should open a ticket and have that confirmed before you get out your visa card.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using the Bravenet Pro hosting package.

I opened a ticket some days ago, the reply that I received is below.

Unfortunately you may have a problem with an existing script being compatible with the addition of your Password Protect script you have added.

The following page may be useful when adding more than once script to a page:
http://www.javascriptkit.com/javatutors/multiplejava.shtml

Unfortunately we do not provide custom HTML coding support.

peter u are a good man , thank u