Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Coding Discussions
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Wordpress Integration

Hello. I wondered if anyone had integrated their Word Press blog into their Bravenet site or sites. I can't get passed the PHP and wondered how to continue. Thanks!

Re: Wordpress Integration

Thank you so much Courtnie! I couldn't have received any more help than what you gave. I tried to do this on my own and was totally confused. Your instructions were perfect!

Very happy that worked for you. Sorry it took me a few days to get you the link.

:)

Courtnie

That's okay you were very prompt for a forum. I actually tried integrating Wordpress after I wrote you and it didn't work for me. I know I must have done something wrong because your instructions were perfect and very clear. I seemed to go wrong after I uploaded so I am going to do it all over again until I get it right.

Let me know where you are getting stuck and I will try and help if I can.

That article is a over a year old now and the look of Bravenet has changed, so my instructions won't be exact anymore.

Courtnie

Thank you so much! I create websites for clients and promote the versatility of Bravenet, so if I can do this for my own websites, I will be able to provide this as an added feature that I can add on their Bravenet sites too.

Where I'm at right now: I kept getting an error message for all of the PHP files once I had uploaded them, so I deleted most of the wordpress file on my Bravenet site and will start over.

Here are my possible errors:
I tried to change the wp-config-sample.php to wp-config.php in an editor before uploading but it only showed as an image file so I changed it after the whole wordpress file was uploaded onto my website. I changed it in the Bravenet editor. This could have been my problem. But I filled in the information correctly.

Another reason I had a problem could be because of the way I uploaded the Wordpress folder. I uploaded the whole file at one time instead of "file by file." Or does that matter?

The last reason could be that I uploaded the Wordpress folder into a directory named "blog" rather than just uploading it as Wordpress as it's own directory.

I have not uploaded it again because I am not sure that I did it correctly the first time.

Thank you! If you can't answer right away, I understand. I will wait for you before I proceed to upload the Wordpress folder again.

What is the PHP error you are getting?

Also, make sure the account you are using has professional hosting. PHP is not enabled on our free hosting accounts.

Courtnie

Thank you.

I do have professional as I was able to create a database.

This is the error message I got from every file in Wordpress:

Warning: require(/misc/30/405/000/992/3/user/web/christian-money-growth.com/wordpress/wordpress/wp-load.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /misc/30/405/000/992/3/user/web/christian-money-growth.com/wordpress/wordpress/wp-activate.php on line 5

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/misc/30/405/000/992/3/user/web/christian-money-growth.com/wordpress/wordpress/wp-load.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /misc/30/405/000/992/3/user/web/christian-money-growth.com/wordpress/wordpress/wp-activate.php on line 5

I am not totally familiar with Wordpress errors but I have installed it many times. It sounds to me like you are missing files.

Try uploading again, make sure you get every file and folder (and all the files in the folder) uploaded. If you are still having trouble leave it and let me know. I can try taking a look and see if I can get it to work.

Courtnie

Hello Courtnie,

Thank you for the tip. I will do that and begin the process again. I will let you know should I have a problem.

Thank you for all of your help.

Margaret

Hello Courtnie,

I just wanted to thank you. I did have success after uploading the Wordpress file again. Your instructions were very detailed, yet simple. Thanks for answering me so quickly and sticking with me.

Margaret

That's fantastic. Happy you got it working.

Courtnie :)

Hello Courtnie,

I had a quick question for future uploads of wordpress for clients. I wondered if it was necessary for me to upload the Wordpress file as "Wordpress" or if I could have given it another name. Because it is now a directory it shows in my domain address as "www.my address.com/wordpress," of course. But maybe I should have uploaded it under another name like blog and then upload the files separate from the wordpress file so it would show up as "www.my address.com/blog. Or must the file for wordpress always be named "wordpress?"

Thank you,
Margaret

Hi Margaret,

The Wordpress upload does not need to be called Wordpress. You can even upload it to the root of your website so yourdomain.com uses Wordpress.

Hope this helps,
Courtnie

Thanks so much Courtnie, I think I'll redo one more time.

Margaret

Wow I have been trying to figure out how to get rid of the /wordpress in my domain name...... and just let it sit on my own domain, FOR TWO DAYS! I had it all done and wonderful except this one little thing. Your instructions helped me... small detail but very important... to DELETE THE INDEX.HTML FILE.... wowow something sooo simple but I just could not find out what was wrong. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP... I APPRECIATE YOU SO MUCH. HAVE A WONDERUL WEEK!

Email  

Thanks for the tip on deleting the index.html file Barbara! I was having trouble with wordpress being installed in the root directory. Set up went really smoothly, until I went to view the live website and kept getting a Bravenet splash page.
As soon as I deleted the Index.html - worked like a treat!

I am so turned around and confused. Ok I have a site (pro-hosting) it is a subdomain profiles.mytwinflame.info. It is set to be aimed NOT at the hosting but at the file manager files (bravenet did this for me). When I go to my file manager here is what I see;

wordpress
wp-admin
wp-content
wp-includes
.htaccess

Then others under that. When I open wordpress I see this;

wp-admin
wp-content
wp-includes
Index.php

Wordpress IS running but I just bought an expensive social profile plugin for wordpress that is NOT running right. Bravenet installed it in the top example under (without opening wordpress) content. plugins.

Do I need to delete everything and reload/install wordpress with no directory at all? Should I delete the bravenet ... file before loading wordpress? It will not let me delete it. I made a test subdomain and tried to delete the directory and it would not let me.

Lastly there is no option for me to load the new plug-in into the wordpress. wp-content.plug-ins file. How do I do that?

I hope this makes sense.

Dana

I would also like to see this tutorial but when I clicked on it, I get an error message as to imply it's not in the same link or it has been removed.

Please help me. I'm having similar issues with migrating my wordpress site files to my Bravenet domain server.
Thanks

Raise a support ticket.

Thanks so much Courtnie.