Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Web Design Discussions
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
How do I get my site to fit into all Cell phone windows

I received word that Google will punish site owner if the site isn't Cell phone compatible. Does anyone know if Bravenet has a host or something I can attach to, to make my site Cellphone compatible? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: How do I get my site to fit into all Cell phone windows

Bravenet have flagged most of the Bravesites themes as being responsive. The top right hand corner of the site builder has a little smartphone symbol which lets you view how the site should look in different formats. If you are using an old theme then I am afraid that you will need to change it.

The Google change only aplies to people using mobile search, the results on full sized PCs will have not changed, but for a restaurant that is probably an important source of traffic. You may want to reconsider some of your graphics which look to me as if they wouldn't resize gracefully on a small screen.

I would suggest setting up a second site to play with designs (you will need a second account if you have the free service) before going live.

Re: How do I get my site to fit into all Cell phone windows

Quote: Peter
Bravenet have flagged most of the Bravesites themes as being responsive. The top right hand corner of the site builder has a little smartphone symbol which lets you view how the site should look in different formats. If you are using an old theme then I am afraid that you will need to change it.

The Google change only aplies to people using mobile search, the results on full sized PCs will have not changed, but for a restaurant that is probably an important source of traffic. You may want to reconsider some of your graphics which look to me as if they wouldn't resize gracefully on a small screen.

I would suggest setting up a second site to play with designs (you will need a second account if you have the free service) before going live.
Thank you very much for your input. I truly appreciate it. I will do as you suggest. God bless.