Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Web Design Discussions
This forum is locked and posting is not allowed
Author
Comment
How can I assign a different private URL landing page for each user? that l

I would like each member that logs in with their username and password to have their own secure URL with the information they need. Thanks in advance. This is driving me crazy.

Re: How can I assign a different private URL landing page for each user? th

Perfectly possible but it will depend on what security software you are using and what software you are using to run your site. It would take a rather sophisticated professional setup not something pitched at hobbyists and small business.

If you are thinking of the Password Protect webapp then I am afraid that it isn't designed to be used like that.

The Password Protect service does allow you to set a specific landing page per each user account.

So each different username and password can have a specific individual page load when they login.

Only feasible for low volumes.

@Coal, but are those individuals also restricted from the other users' landing pages if they were to guess them and type them manually after login? This does not seem to be the case that I can tell so far.

I would like a member to log in, and only have access to their own page. In the event they guessed another users' page, I want that to be blocked.

This will not restrict the logged in users from other landing pages. This can be an issue for some applications. We are aware of this, and are looking into solutions. Unfortunately this will take significant development time to implement, so there is no current ETA on the addition of this feature.