Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Web Design Discussions
This forum is locked and posting is not allowed
Author
Comment
Text problems when scrolling

My site has been up since 2008, altho it has been updated and republished several times. Recently I made one small edit (date of last update) and this problem appeared afterward. When scrolling the text begins displaying over other text on the page. This does not occur on any other pages of the site. I do not know if the problem is connected to the editing I did in the text editor or if the timing is a coincidence. I have carefully gone over the few words I edited and looked for any stray characters but can't find anything out of the ordinary altho I'm not really familiar with code. I use a product called WebEasy that works similiar to MS Word, (cut and paste, text boxes, etc.) the WebEasy program converts everything into html before publishing to the internet. I have used this program since 2008 and never had this problem occur before. I have edited that part of the index page numerous times in the past with no problems like this. If you scroll down the page and refresh the page the multiple printing disappears until you try to scroll further down the page and it re-occurs. Can anyone tell me what causes this, and hopefully how to fix it?

Re: Text problems when scrolling

I'm not saying I could solve the problem if you had given us a real URL.
But I'm absolutely certain that trying to go to a gibberish URL isn't helping.

Quote: Corwings

Sorry, but I typed in the correct URL. Don't know how to edit the original so I have retyped it with this msg.
Thanks for the headsup, I didn't realize the link didn't work.

Quote: Corwings

Is there a secret to typing a URL in these posts? I tried retyping it in a reply and it still says IE cannot display the webpage.
I am trying once again this time copied the URL from the webpage itself. http://218thmpcovn.mpvets.org/index.html

Oops, I had typed it in the wrong block! Works now.

On the main page? Doesn't happen for me. Is this some particular bit of text? Could it be that your computer is simply very slow at updating the screen?

On the main page the links on the left are jumbled up and slow to align and I have a very good internet speed.

It is especially bad on the left (yellow text) where the links to pages inside the site are displayed, but also text on the right above and below the guestbook and spinning coin. I never saw this until the past 2 or 3 weeks and several others have had this problem when viewing the site.

Hi Tom,

I can not duplicate this problem. I have tried viewing your site in various version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome on both Windows and Mac.

Courtnie

How do I put a screen shot of Toms front page on here as it still shows jumbled up down the left hand side

Quote: Courtnie from Bravenet
Hi Tom,

I can not duplicate this problem. I have tried viewing your site in various version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome on both Windows and Mac.

Courtnie

Thanks to all for trying. I am still getting the same effects as Phillip.

Tom
I have loaded your front page to my web site and don't get the problem

Try downloading your Index then re uploading it

Tnx I'll try that.

Quote: Tom
Tnx I'll try that.

I was still getting the same display late last night, but today when I went to try your fix I found the problem had repaired itself which to me means it's likely only temporary so I'll see what happens in the future. A friend who is a frequent visitor to the site told me as late as last night he was getting the same display I was. Thanks for your suggestion I'll try that if it occurs again.

When looking at your site I still get the same problem

Very strange. As of a minute ago I have not experienced this prob again.

Will Bravenet support staff help with this sort of thing or is there a fee?

Your link no longer works Tom

The text problem has resolved itself. If I or anyone else did anything to fix it I don't know what it was. I was trying to get that problem resolved before posting an update to the site. Now I have a different problem having to do with the update I posted. Don't think it should be posted here so I have it on the Domains forum.

Thanks to all for your assistance here.