Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Web Design Discussions
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Email defaulting to Outlook?

I created a "Contact US" button on my web page but when visitors click on it their computer does not have outlook, so therefore it ask to install a program and lists a number of different programs. Is there a script I can create or use that will allow the visitor to use any email program other than outlook?
Much appreciated.
Thanks

Re: Email defaulting to Outlook?

You mean the email button we find on the page the contact me-button brings us to, right? Don't worry about it. The mailto command was never really that useful. Those of us who don't have a program set as default for this know what to do. I simply rightclick the link, select "copy email address" and go to my email.

Corwings
You mean the email button we find on the page the contact me-button brings us to, right? Don't worry about it. The mailto command was never really that useful. Those of us who don't have a program set as default for this know what to do. I simply rightclick the link, select "copy email address" and go to my email.

makes sense
thanks

While Outlook is usually the default factory setting the choice of email client is entirely under the user control and can be set to another product or removed altogether. As Corwings says, anybody who makes a point of deleting it probably knows what they are doing.

Peter
While Outlook is usually the default factory setting the choice of email client is entirely under the user control and can be set to another product or removed altogether. As Corwings says, anybody who makes a point of deleting it probably knows what they are doing.

Thanks the same idea/thought occured to me after I made the post.
Fixed
Thanks
What I would like to do is embed the long website url http://canadianalleyneschoolalumniorganizationfriends.org/ into a logo that I could email to my alumni and friends so they can click on that logo and reach the url.
Any ideas?

That really depends on what software you have available.

I would use Serif's "logo studio" which comes are part of their PagePlus DTP software but that is an expensive option unless you are doing some serious publishing.

Maybe I have missed something totally new here. But I don't think you two are talking about the same thing. You don't "embed" URLs in logos. You just use the logo as a link instead of "click here" or some other text.

Photobucket

Corwings
Maybe I have missed something totally new here. But I don't think you two are talking about the same thing. You don't "embed" URLs in logos. You just use the logo as a link instead of "click here" or some other text.

Photobucket

how did u do that corwings?

Nigel Nicholls
Corwings

Photobucket

how did u do that corwings?

Hello Corwins, can you please tell/show me how I can use a logo as a link to a website as you did with our school logo?
Thanks
Nigel

Sorry for late answer, I just thought you would figure it out almost as soon as you finished asking. You do have links on your site, for instance to the tournament golf flyer.

Well, instead of the words "Click here to open The 2013 Golf Tournament Flyer" as the link, you insert the code for the image. But the link isn't "embedded" in the image in any way. You might perhaps say that the image is embedded in the link.

Corwings
Sorry for late answer, I just thought you would figure it out almost as soon as you finished asking. You do have links on your site, for instance to the tournament golf flyer.

Well, instead of the words "Click here to open The 2013 Golf Tournament Flyer" as the link, you insert the code for the image. But the link isn't "embedded" in the image in any way. You might perhaps say that the image is embedded in the link.

I am a bit lost here. I am not a pro, just an alumnus helping out my school.
I just wanted to email the logo to the community/almni instead of having them to copy a long link and/or typing it out. Just clicking the logo and reaching the site is what I am looking for. I tried but failed. Can you be more specific/detailed?
Thanks
nigel

Corwings

Photobucket

A little trick I come across on here and I told Peter or Corwings is to click quote and it is a bit like "view source" you can see the URL and how he did it

Corwings

corwings, I did it. It works great
thanks
nigel