Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Web Design Discussions
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
How to get started building my site.

Can someone explain how this works. I bought a domain name. I go to SITE BUILDER and select a style then it ask for my web address. When I type it in it says invalid....? Are there any instructions anywhere?

Email  
Re: How to get started building my site.

Could be any number of reasons why the web address you want is invalid. Try using nothing but letters a-z and numbers. Post the invalid address and someone will probably be able to tell you what the mistake is.

At a big guess the OP probably hasn't linked the domain to the hosting account.

We are of course lacking in information, not helped by the fact that this is posted as a generic web design question rather than one specific to a Bravenet service. Was the domain bought from Bravenet or elsewhere? Is the web hosting at Bravenet or elsewhere?

Thanks, I was able to get the page up but only after I left off the ".com" at the end of the domain name. I purchased the domain from bravenet. But now the domain has ".bravesites.com" at the end. I assume this for the free hosting, but I paid for the domain and would prefer it be just ".com".

Email  

Quote: Boss 302
Thanks, I was able to get the page up but only after I left off the ".com" at the end of the domain name. I purchased the domain from bravenet. But now the domain has ".bravesites.com" at the end. I assume this for the free hosting, but I paid for the domain and would prefer it be just ".com".

If we are talking about a free site with a paid domain then bravesites .com is correct.

If it is a paid site then you would have "mysite.com"

I think

The most important thing for online business is to create attractive website .Only creating good website is not enough if no one knows about it .Promoting on web is also necessary .Hiring best website design company is a best solution for getting targeted traffic .