Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Web Design Discussions
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
instant video

What I would like to do is have a visitor to my site pop up a video when they click on it. Let me try to explain. When a visitor clicks on my site or enters it in the search bar or whatever mode they access my site, the first thing I want to have happen is my invitational video to start playing.

i.e. you click on bodybyvimakeover.com and immediately it starts playing my informational video.

Does anyone know how I can accomplish this?

Thanks a million for this beginner site builder - by the way this is awesome and I love doing it and knowing how to do it.

Re: instant video

Your best bet would be to use Flash. You would probably need to purchase your own software to do this or hire somebody to prepare the video for you.

Thanks Peter, I was hoping there was a way I could get the instant video from Bravenet if you go to this site it is exactly what I am talking about http://www.cfdrodeo.com/ again thanks for your help.

Displaying videos in HTML is not easy!

You must add a lot of tricks to make sure your video will play in all browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera) and on all hardware (PC, Mac , iPad, iPhone).
Problems
•If the browser does not support Flash, the video will not play
•iPad and iPhone do not support Flash videos
•If you convert the video to another format, it will still not play in all browsers
•You must convert your videos to many different formats
•The