Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Web Design Discussions
This forum is locked and posting is not allowed
Author
Comment
Website Builder

I am not dopey but the website builder is driving me insane.
I make the first page then add pages and when I make the added page I find its deleted the first page I made.
It says make a website in minutes well I have been trying for HOURS. I have deleted re read made the page deleted reread. I GIVE UP

Email  
Re: Website Builder

Hi Jackie,

The Website Builder is not deleting your pages. When you create a new page the site builder takes you immediately to that new page to start building it. All your old pages are still there. You can find them in the Pages drop down.

Courtnie

All I can say is its the most confusing thing. I will have another go tonight but I suspect I will have the same problems . I know the pages are there in a drop down menu but as I made changes to each page it made them all look exactly the same. The instructions are certainly not clear maybe I am over thinking it as I used to understand basic HTML

Email  

Can SOMEONE tell me what I am doing wrong.
I select the template I add my picture and text to the home page. I make another link to another page and click on it and there is the same content as the home page so I change the content the URL is different than the home page so it should be a new page(Correct?) I put in my text box and add my new text am all finished with that page so I use the menu and click on home again and it NOW looks like the new page I just made so now I have 2 new pages the same and no original home page.
I use Firefox so thought that was the problem so tried IE but same thing.
I am ready to pull my hair out. HELP

Email  

Hi Jackie,

Like I mentioned in your other post - some things are set to be the same on all pages, such as the theme image, the site title and subtitle and the copyright text.

Changing any of those things will change them across all pages.

When you are adding content to a page maybe sure it is outlined in yellow and not red or green. Adding/editing content to a red/green area will change it on all pages - making it the same on every page. So if you edit on one pages it will change on all pages. Placing content in a yellow area makes the content available for that page only.

Red and Green highlighted content areas means editing that content will make it changes across all pages.

Yellow highlighted content areas means editing that content will make it change only on the page you are on.

I hope that helps clear things up.

Courtnie

Well how stupid is that cant change the name of the next page as if you want all that on the next page and every other page from the first page how tacky will that look.
So if I pay for the page can I use my own builder or will it be exactly the same

Hi Jackie,

People generally keep the site title the same for their entire website. You do not need to use the site title. Delete the text and it will go away.

When adding a content block to your page simply enter the title there in the title box. Now you can have a different title one each page.

Does that make sense?

Courtnie

I am using the Website Builder for the first time.

First, I figured out how to associate my external domain to Bravenet using the Domain tool. You input your domain name and you are given the name servers to use.

Second, I stated to use the Website Builder to pick a theme and then edit pages. I cannot see the results of my changes because I think the domain change of name servers hasn't taken hold yet. Can I assume, there is no need to Publish since I wasn't able to find a Publish action/key?