Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Web Design Discussions
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Publish button on Bravenet Webpage Editor?

I haven't updated my page in a long and the steps about publishing have apparently changed.
1....I have updated my pages in Webpage Editor using visual editor but I don't see a publish button anywhere. Where do I go? I don't use the website wizard, i use the file manager.
2.....The only page that updated was my index page and nothing else.

Re: Publish button on Bravenet Webpage Editor?

It doesn't say "publish". The button in Wizard does, but the act of publishing in Wizard is something else.

Just click "Save".

Corwings

Just click "Save".

I have clicked save for each file that I changed. I can see the changes when i return to edit them through the visual editor but again, the changes don't take place on the website itself. The only change that took was the index file one. However, once I click on the links for the other files, they don't show the changes and everything resorts to the old webpages.

Nah.... that doesn't happen. I'm sure.

I think you are confused by your own special menu/file system.

For instance:
On index.html, you have a link that says "appearances". It takes us to a page called specialevents.html

However on your "what is your 69" page, the same link takes us to appearances.html (which doesn't exist, but it tries). I suspect that you may have other pages like that which do not appear on the menu at all. "Specialevents" instead of "specialevents", say, and edit the one that is not in your menu.

I could be wrong. The error I mentioned may be the only one, and instead the problem is that you view cached versions of those pages.

Could you make some small update on a page other than index.html and tell us what it is?

sometimes it's the simple things one forgets to do...
Thanks for the help!

cache conflicted,
Jennifer

Hello,

I'm having the same problem trying to change my email address in the coding on some of my pages. Two updated but the other 5 did not. Don't understand what the solution was.

Thanks for your help

The email address is the same on all the pages. Try reloading the pages where you see the old address.

Thank-you very much. Problem solved.

Chris