Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Web Design Discussions
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Sorry for Silly Question: How To Add Additional Categories to Menu Bar?

Question:
How To Add Additional Categories to the Menu Bar - not as a Sub-Menu - but as a category in its own right.

Hello,

My current menu bar stands as:

•Home

•LED Products

•Company Profile

•Projects

•Contact

However, when I try to add the following bar to this group:

• Energy Savings

All the menu bars disappear completely...

I have created a separate html file energysavings.html as I have with all of the categories.

How would I rectify this disappearing act of the menu bar - when I add a category to it?
Is it a template issue?

Any help is appreciated.

F Amin.

Re: Sorry for Silly Question: How To Add Additional Categories to Menu Bar?

Seems as though you have done it

That problem is solved, apparently. Now for the problems you have with your images:
If you compare the left image under Architectural lighting with the left image under Amenity lighting, you may notice that the former loads more slowly? That is because the file size is about 178 times that of the other one. Always resize images before uploading!

How would you create a sub menu?

Email  

Just the same way I would create the main menu, but on another page or somewhere else.

Sorry, I very much suspect that doesn't really solve your problem.

The thing is, we don't know what that problem is. Could be you are struggling with some terrible editor that won't let you do what you want to (Bravehost Wizard or such). Could be that you want dropdown menus from the items in the main menu. Could be a number of different question hidden in there.

Ok I am making the site and everything is through bravenet. I am just now using a standard template that is provided. I haven't done much to change things around. I am trying to figure out how to make a drop down menu. Now I am also still on the free trial and have not upgraded my membership yet. Since I am on the trial I am limited to what functions I can use. It could just be the simple solution of when I upgrade the membership I would be able to do that.

Email  

when I am in the website builder and I go to primary navigation it will only allow me to add a page to the primary navigation.

Email  

There is no such thing as "the website builder". There are hundreds. But now that you have told us that you have a Bravehost site (Bravehost is much younger than this forum), there are still several possibilities:

There is the Wizard, the Site builder, the Text editor and the Visual editor.

Someone more familiar with the editor you are using will possibly recognize the term "primary navigation" and come to your assistance. But since all online editors in one way or another limits what you can do, or at least the each with which you can do things, there is a good chance that the answer will be "can't be done in your editor".

If so, most normal editors will be superior to what you can do now. Instead of editing online, you simply create your site on your computer and upload it.

If you are not limited in what you can do with your editor, most of the first google hits for dropdown menu tutorial seem to be relevant for your question.

The term "Primary navigation" kept bothering me. First that I never heard of it before. Also that it seems to more than slightly suggest that what you want is possible. After all, why call it "Primary navigation", rather than "Navigation"?

But I searched for Primary navigation and Bravehost. Is your site a Viviti one? Bravenet had a brief affair with Viviti. For a while newcomers got a choice between a normal Bravehost site and Viviti. It seemed like a few weeks - but at my age that may well mean a couple of years.

If your site is Viviti (or nowadays Jigsy), you may perhaps more easily find help at their forum or Wiki