Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Site Builder Discussions
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Switching to Site Builder but keeping my original website address

The website creation software (iWeb) that I used to create my original bravenet website no longer seems to work and any adaptation I try to make end up looking like gibberish. I want to switch to Site Builder, but it says I already have a website under my domain name of chrisheaptherapy.com and need to delete it. If I go ahead and delete my first website, will I be able to use the same name (chrisheaptherapy.com) for my site builder webpage? It is the name listed in all of my advertising.
I hope this makes sense!

Re: Switching to Site Builder but keeping my original website address

Raise a support ticket

I have the same problem. Did you ever get an answer?

Hi Bob,
This is the reply that I received. I'll admit that I've been too busy to follow up with building a new website - but the solution should work.

1. Login to your bravenet.com account
2. Click on the Web Hosting tab
3. Click Disable next to yourwebsite.com
If you are deleting your site make sure you have backups of any files you want to keep first.

Good luck!