Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Site Builder Discussions
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Can I build site free and then upgrade to pro?

Hi
I plan to move my existing site hosting to Bravenet, but I first need to rebuild my old site from scratch as a bravenet site. Luckily it is a small site - but I need to have the new one ready before transferring the domain. Can I sign up for a free account, create the new site, and then upgrade to go through with transfer? Or what is the best way to go about it?
Anni

Re: Can I build site free and then upgrade to pro?

IF you plan to pay in the end why not use Bravehost and upload your existing files?

Thanks for replying
I didn't know there is a thing like bravehost. I landed on a site called bravenet so only know about that. I have to build my site from scratch - it is just a few pages and I want to have a new look anyway with a new drag n drop builder. I accidently landed on bravenet because I was looking for ecard software. I saw that it was part of the bravenet tools and when I read the rest of the features decided I wanted to move my entire site and start from scratch. So I need to make my new site before switching hosts because I cannot afford to be without a site for more than a day or two. So I need hosting with a drag and drop site builder included where I can set up my site in the background so to speak. I'm not sure if I also have to switch registrars. Haven¨t done this before so not very clued up.
So I definitely want the paid version right from the start - I just thought rebuilding my site on free first is a way of getting it done before switching and cancelling the existing host.
Anni

Thanks for info