Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Site Builder Discussions
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Can I build site free and then upgrade to pro?

Hi
I plan to move my existing site hosting to Bravenet, but I first need to rebuild my old site from scratch as a bravenet site. Luckily it is a small site - but I need to have the new one ready before transferring the domain. Can I sign up for a free account, create the new site, and then upgrade to go through with transfer? Or what is the best way to go about it?
Anni

Re: Can I build site free and then upgrade to pro?

IF you plan to pay in the end why not use Bravehost and upload your existing files?

Thanks for replying
I didn't know there is a thing like bravehost. I landed on a site called bravenet so only know about that. I have to build my site from scratch - it is just a few pages and I want to have a new look anyway with a new drag n drop builder. I accidently landed on bravenet because I was looking for ecard software. I saw that it was part of the bravenet tools and when I read the rest of the features decided I wanted to move my entire site and start from scratch. So I need to make my new site before switching hosts because I cannot afford to be without a site for more than a day or two. So I need hosting with a drag and drop site builder included where I can set up my site in the background so to speak. I'm not sure if I also have to switch registrars. Haven¨t done this before so not very clued up.
So I definitely want the paid version right from the start - I just thought rebuilding my site on free first is a way of getting it done before switching and cancelling the existing host.
Anni

Thanks for info