Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Site Builder Discussions
This forum is locked and posting is not allowed
Author
Comment
Responsive Mobile Templates

Does Bravehost have any templates that are mobile responsive? I have an e-commerce website and Google is demoting sites that are non-compliant. I need to get on this asap as it came into effect on April 14th.

Thanks,
Andrea

Re: Responsive Mobile Templates

A reply that covers all the bases trips the spam filter here.

To answer exactly what you asked:
No - the only templates in BraveHOST are the Wizard themes and Bravenet stopped updating them when they launched Bravesites.

The free downloadable templates are only useful when building from scratch, you can't apply one to an existing site.

If you meant BraveSITES then raise a support ticket.

To add to that there are a lot of smartphone emulators on the web. Most are rubbish. I found two that said that I had made the site responsive while it still didn't work on my own phone.

The tester in Google Webmaster Tools will tell if that the googlebot will like your site. One thing that caught me out was one page that still had an old doctype. The ones that had html5 doctypes were fine but I spent ages trying to debug the code that I had added to the other one before realising.

Any loss in ranking is supposedly only for searches made on a smartphone. PC and tablet results should be unchanged.

Does Bravehost even have html 5 templates? I'm working on 4 and have tried everything humanly possible for days now to trick devices into loading pages differently and it doesn't work. I realized that its because you need html 5 do to do this.

I have all my view points set and css but ... nothing. I just get a smaller version of the website with fonts so small that you can't read them.

It's a serious drag and we know that many people do use their devices for everything these days.

I have been with Bravenet for 10 or so years. I'm waiting for support to comment on this issue. I hope that they have kept up with the times and user changes.

A.

Unless you are using a Wizard theme you can change whatever you like on the page or on the CSS.

Its down to you to update your site. Look at the source of the page that I have linked for doctype and viewport settings. The data on mine is in a table which is actually easy to fix with some extra styling.

Website Wizards / templated FTP sites are not mobile compatible, and are not supported.

The Site Builder features the vast majority of its themes as mobile compatible, and every new theme we make for it is mobile compatible.

Quote: Ross from Bravenet
Website Wizards / templated FTP sites are not mobile compatible, and are not supported.

The Site Builder features the vast majority of its themes as mobile compatible, and every new theme we make for it is mobile compatible.

I am buzy using site Builder but the site is not mobile responsive. Can you give me advice on what to do.

Thanks

There could be a bug or more likely you just picked one of the few old non responsive themes.

Quote: Peter
more likely you just picked one of the few old non responsive themes.

This is almost certainly the explanation, as it is in all cases of reports like this. :)