Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Site Builder Discussions
This forum is locked and posting is not allowed
Author
Comment
Text problems in Website Wizard

Hello. When I went to edit my website tonight using the manager/website wizard, all of my text within each page was in some html format code. For example, it looks like this ( <>"text"code//He Said we sale, codeXtformat.....etc). I had this happen two years ago and redid my whole site which took about a week. I do not want to do that again. Any help on how this happened again and how to get my text just to be normal, like in the visual text form? Also, there is no "html visual" button on the top right of the edit box to select. Thanks for any ideas/suggestions.

Re: Text problems in Website Wizard

I can't see this on any of the pages that I looked at.

Peter, thanks for the reply. It doesn't appear on the final format/published form. It only appears when I try to edit in website/wizard - which makes it so I can't edit at all. I cant even see images when I try to edit, it's all this weird computer lingo and all the text and images appears like a computer is talking.
For Example. When I go to manage content on my "main page," this is what the text box looks like:
p align="center" class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;">
I know that Bravenet are no longer maintaining the Wizard so its possible that other changes in the environment either at Bravenet or with the latest browsers may be affecting things. As a Bravehost customer you have full support available so I would suggest raising a support ticket.

Now that's weird, the code that you quoted is altering my subsequent post. That gives a clear hint that things are interacting differently to the way that was originally intended. Raise that ticket.

Quote: Peter
Now that's weird, the code that you quoted is altering my subsequent post. That gives a clear hint that things are interacting differently to the way that was originally intended. Raise that ticket.

Depending which post I click on Quote I get a different view each time

I will try it without clicking on a quote

Thanks. Last week I opened a support ticket and no feedback yet. I tried again today, and nothing, not even a ticket number. Thanks for the help. If I don't hear back from Support or get a ticket I will likely redo my whole site outside of wizard. This has just been frustrating. Thank you guys for the reply/help on this topic.

Where are you creating your support tickets? Be sure to create the tickets at http://support.bravenet.com, we answer all of them. You have to check back in the support center for replies, though an email is sent when we reply.

This issue has been reported quite a lot recently, all of a sudden. I have noticed that it is occuring only on outdated browsers. Switching to an up-to-date, modern web browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox fixes the issue and allows Visual editing using the Website Wizards again.

As Peter has said, the Website Wizards are deprecated and no longer supported by our developers. I would advise using the free, new Site Builder service instead, for anybody that doesn't mind re-creating their website.

Thanks Ross. When I go to select a ticket, and click on it, it takes me to the discussion forms and doesn't give me a ticket code or an email confirmation. I've tried it several times, same thing - I click on it and nothing happens, it directs me to the discussion/support forums. I have two computers, both with different browser settings, and the text appears the same in wizard, looking like odd computer html language. Since it sounds like Wizard is the older format, I will just recreate a new site this week. Thanks for the help. - John