Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Site Builder Discussions
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How to create sub-pages on my site?

G'day,

Just when I thought I had everything figured out, seems I can't create sub-pages from my Navigation??
Googled this, and found this link: http://wiki.bravesites.com/w/Grouping_Pages_with_Different_Navigations

Trouble is, the images displayed don't seem to match ie: My 'page settings' doesn't include the choice to "Add to site navigation"
I have a couple of pages I wanted to "nest".....can this be done using the Bravesite tools?

Re: How to create sub-pages on my site?

I know very little about Site Builder.
But am I right in assuming that you have the free version?

That might explain why the images do not match your Site Builder. I notice in the example in the wiki, there are seven pages in the menu when we start. Since the free version only allows seven pages on the site, there would be no point in having tools to add pages to this menu.

Actually, I see from this page that this also applies to Starter Site Builder, where you pay 2,45 a month to be limited to seven pages.

Hi Corwings,

I have paid for Premium Site Builder so not sure why i am not able to do more?

Deb

Hi Deb,

I am a little bit confused on what you are trying to do.

Are you trying to create a URL that looks like this: yoursite.com/folder/page or are you trying to create a drop down menu in your navigation?

To change a page URL click 'Manage Website' > 'Pages' > Click settings next to the page you wish to edit.

On this screen you can now change the URL.

If you are trying to create a down down navigation - the ability to create a drop down in the primary navigation is not currently available. Though we are working on this and hope to have it released within the next couple months. Sub-menus can currently only be created in the Navigation component. I am sorry for the confusion.

Courtnie

Thanks Courtnie....yes, it was a drop-down I was looking for but one that could hold a sub-page" from naviagation.
ie:My AWARENESS page could have another page under(dropping down)it like "Awareness Test"....does that make sense??

Deb

Hi Deb,

Yes it makes sense now. Like I explained though, drop downs are not currently possible with the primary navigation. You can change to the navigation component if you are familiar with HTML and CSS I can try and walk you through it. The problem with the navigation component is that it does not automatically update like the primary navigation. But this feature is going to be coming very soon.

How familiar are you with HTML and CSS?

Sorry for the confusion.
Courtnie

Hi Courtnie,

Only know a teensy weensy bit of html like the basic codes:
URLS, Colours, Fonts etc.....would LOVE to know more!! lol

Deb

UPDATE>>>
Have managed to create a sub-link! Simply by creating a "new page", NOT listing in Primary Navigation but linked to another page within my website, so until such time Bravesites tools are updated, am happy!!

That is fantastic!

Let me know if I can help with anything else. I will be sure to let you know when the sub menu feature is released.

Courtnie

Thanks Courtnie....much appreciated!!