Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Site Builder Discussions
This forum is locked and posting is not allowed
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: bravenet codes for my website

My laptop doesn't have java

Hi Don,

I am a bit confused on what the problem is so I am sorry if this is not correct.

Are you trying to EDIT the Bravenet code? If you are. You can not do that. You can only copy and paste the code. The Bravenet code must be copied exactly the way it is from the Bravenet web app and must be pasted into the Bravenet Web App component.

I actually do not see any Bravenet web apps on your page. What are you trying to add?

Courtnie

im not adding anything that costs money. i have a free account and i dont intend on spending money in here for a website. im simply using whatever is free to add to my bravenet website, nothing more Courtnie what are you adding to your website?

My mistake, looking at the source code I see that the guest book is not, as I had thought, the Guestbook webapp.

As Courtnie says you do not change the Bravenet code for a webapp. All configuration is done through your Bravenet account. All Bravesites editing is done though the on-line editor provided by Bravenet.

I think perhaps that you have been trying to follow the instructions for putting a webapp on a non Bravesites site.

Peter, much obliged for your replies :). Do you have a free of no-charge Bravenet website. Or, are you paying for an Upgraded Bravenet website in here? Lastly, do you know of any free websites that don't charge account holders for building a website on their site?

Hi Don,

I realize that you do not what to spend money and you have a free account. I asked you what you were trying to add to your Bravesites website that is not working for you. I am not trying to add anything to my website - I am here to try and help you figure out what is not working for you. I can not help if you don't be more specific.

You DO NOT need to spend money to add the Bravenet Web Apps to your Bravesites website. YOU DO need to spend money if you wish to add HTML code from a company other then Bravenet.

Courtnie

Don, I now pay for a hosting package elsewhere, I used to have Bravehost when it was free and still use a couple of web apps. (Although I rather wish I had stuck with the Poto Gallery after moving everything to Fotopic just before they went bust).

The only free hosting services that I know of lock you in to their own on-line editor the same way that Bravesites does apart from the few ISPs that still include free hosting in the bundle. If you want free hosting without being locked in to an on line editor then check what your ISP is offering - mine doesn't shout about the free hosting any more but still gives it.

Getting back to the original problem just give a step by step account of what you are trying to do. I am no Bravenet fanboy but they have perfectly good tools for integrating their own products, any issues must be down to a simple misunderstanding on your part.