Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Site Builder Discussions
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Expired Website

I have had a Bravenet "free" site for several years but today when I went to view it, it says Expired Website. Can anyone tell me what's going on? There is no place for me to even see why website information! How do I get it reactivated and why is it expired?
Thanks for any help you can give me!

Re: Expired Website

BraveSITES is still free. Perhaps you failed to renew a domain name.

Yesterday when I clicked on the link, it showed it was expired. I can't even get to the website. It was a free site but it must've been under bravenet. It's very confusing when there's bravehost, bravenet & bravesites. It's gone & I don't even have the link to it since all I've read on the forums is free sites are now gone....so disappointed.
Thanks!

Peter
BraveSITES is still free. Perhaps you failed to renew a domain name.

BraveHOST is no longer free. The newer BraveSITES service is still free.

This is the BraveSITES forum. If you post here without a link to your site indicating otherwise then the assumtion is that you are talking about BraveSITES

Peter
BraveHOST is no longer free. The newer BraveSITES service is still free.

This is the BraveSITES forum. If you post here without a link to your site indicating otherwise then the assumtion is that you are talking about BraveSITES

My apologies but as I said it's been very confusing to know because of all the names for Bravenet, Bravehost and Bravesites! The one website is: tributetowanda.bravehost.com and it WAS a free site. Is there a way to use an ftp to get this site moved to a BraveSites "free" website? I've already uploaded the memorial to deceased classmates to Facebook and I'm thinking seriously of just doing that for this particular site because it's getting old having to redo it and move it, if you know what I mean!

Thanks!

You cannot move anything to BraveSites. BraveSites only work with the BraveSites sitebuilder, and uploading pages isn't possible.

Bravesites is still free but it uses our easy site building software. The only way to move a Bravehost website to Bravesites is by copy and pasting your content.

Your site has not been deleted yet. You can currently still upgrade your hosting to any paid level and it will come back online. This option will not always be available and sometime in the future we will be permanently deleting expired sites.

Some members have had good luck retrieving their sites from the Wayback Machine.

I am sorry for the inconvenience,
Courtnie

Courtnie from Bravenet
Bravesites is still free but it uses our easy site building software. The only way to move a Bravehost website to Bravesites is by copy and pasting your content.

Your site has not been deleted yet. You can currently still upgrade your hosting to any paid level and it will come back online. This option will not always be available and sometime in the future we will be permanently deleting expired sites.

Some members have had good luck retrieving their sites from the Wayback Machine.

I am sorry for the inconvenience,
Courtnie

My site isn't available on the Wayback Machine & I can't copy/paste it to a new "free" site because I am disabled and live on a very fixed income. This is so disappointing when we were told last year our "free sites" wouldn't be deleted or "expired". It would've been nice if you all had of just moved our sites over to the now free sites. I just need a plain theme & I tried doing "deceased" and "in memory" to try to find a theme in that category and there's none.
Thanks!

Any of the themes in Bravesites can be edited to fit your needs - I am sure there is one that will work for you. Try looking through the themes rather then searching for a specific category.

Courtnie

What is not acceptable is that you, at least in my case, I warn that this will happen and now all expired web work is lost.
They have not sent even a email saying so sad and I specifically had two webs with you.

Only so, I do not deserve any trust their hosting plans.

They have lost a potential customer.

Cannot discover how to restart the website

Colin, this is the third time you post this.
The answer still is:
Your site is up and running. So if you want to restart it, you must first take it down.

Colin, every body else can see your web site. That leaves us with two possibilities:

1. You are behind a firewall which is blocking it
2. You are trying to access your BraveHOST site through BraveSITES

BraveHOST and BraveSITES are different products which is why Bravenet use different words - Simples!