Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Site Builder Discussions
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
saving my files from bravehost

This may sound stupid but I can't find my files on here. Where are they. All I want to do is get them off of here I have a new site to build a new web page on but I can't find my files.
Please help me.

I've been doing web page for over 30+ yrs or more who knows I can't remember.

Thanks for all your help!!

Re: saving my files from bravehost

The URL didn't work. Check spelling.

OK. Perhaps you mean http://www.dobeshfamily.org ???

Except for that it doesn't sound silly at all. You no longer have access to your file manager. I think your files were actually supposed to have been deleted by August 1st, but they are still there.

What you do, is you go to each page as a visitor. Click File, then Save as complete webpage. This should save the page with images etc. (may be different in different browsers, if you don't find the option, try a different browser).

If you do not remember all the page names, edit the saved page to remove the divs in the head section that block content. Then you can see your own links. It took me about 20 minutes to save all available pages. (Just testing, but if Bravenet should use the weekend to clean house and delete all your files before you read this, let me know)

A couple of recipes links are faulty for no good reason I could see. The faulty link on the memorials page just needs to have .html added.

Pages not linked to, and material not on pages are almost certainly lost unless you pay for hosting - quickly.

sorry for my post but I really don't know where to ask. I cant find my uploaded files on bravenet anywhere. were they deleted? if so, why didn't I have any e-mails for backing up my files? thanks for reading.

If you had upload files they would be on Bravehost not Bravesites.
There are a large number of discussions about this on the Bravehost forum.

Corwings

Except for that it doesn't sound silly at all. You no longer have access to your file manager. I think your files were actually supposed to have been deleted by August 1st, but they are still there.

What you do, is you go to each page as a visitor. Click File, then Save as complete webpage. This should save the page with images etc. (may be different in different browsers, if you don't find the option, try a different browser).

If you do not remember all the page names, edit the saved page to remove the divs in the head section that block content. Then you can see your own links. It took me about 20 minutes to save all available pages. (Just testing, but if Bravenet should use the weekend to clean house and delete all your files before you read this, let me know)

A couple of recipes links are faulty for no good reason I could see. The faulty link on the memorials page just needs to have .html added.

Pages not linked to, and material not on pages are almost certainly lost unless you pay for hosting - quickly.

I have a similar problem. Due to various factors I did not become aware till yesterday that the site that I had put so much work into, dealing with the history behind my family name, no longer was available. Is there still a chance that I may gain access to my old data and download it? Thanks in advance, and all the best for the season and the new year. Cheers!

Corwings

Due to various factors I did not become aware till yesterday that my old site, that I had put so much work into, about the history behind my family name, was no longer available. Is there a chance that the data might still be available, to enable me to download it? Naturally, I'm willing to pay for your inconvenience. Best wishes for the season and the new year. Cheers!

Last I heard, the files of free sites were still stored somewhere, and you could get access to them by upgrading to paid hosting. Obviously, that won't be the case forever, so I'd do that as quickly as possible if I were you.

I would add to that that you should avoid using gmail (or Hotmail or Yahoo) as a contact address for anything critical. The majority of the people reporting that they didn't know about the upgrade have put gmail addresses on their posts. It looks very much as if gmail simply didn't deliver the notification.