Bravenet Forums

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members.

Please do not post advertisements in this forum.

Index > Websites > BraveSites Forum > yahoo/bing crawl
Forum: BraveSites Forum
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
yahoo/bing crawl

Hi,
I am trying to get yahoo/bing to crawl my site. I followed the bing webmaster instructions to click on the link to add a webpage so I could upload the BingSite Auth.xml file. When the add new page dialog came up with the necessary info already filled out, I clicked on create page and it gave an error saying invalid page. I am really confused and need more specific instruction on how to set this up on bravenet/bravesites. Better yet, can a bravenet tech just make my site available for a bing crawl?
Thank you,
bilinguallearner.com

Re: yahoo/bing crawl

Hi Mohnstad,

I am really not familiar with how the yahoo/bing process works and was unable to sign up for it (their site isn't working for me).

At this time you can not upload .xml files to your bravesites website. But there must be other methods provided by bing that you are able to do with Bravesites. Usually you can change a cname record or add an HTML snippet to a page.

Courtnie

The authentication code can either be added as an XML file or as a meta tag in the header of the html file.

I haven't used Bravesites so I don't know if you can edit the file header.

Bing (and Google) will crawl your site anyway, it might just take longer before they find it.

Hi Courtnie,
Thx so much for your quick reply. I haven't been able to change a cname record or add an HTML snippet to a page even though Bing gives directions for this...it doesn't work on my bravesite website when I try it.

Hi Peter,
Thx for responding...I haven't been able to add as an XML file or as a meta tag in the header of the html file bc Bing doesn't give instructions on how to do this and I can't figure it out.

I'm not sure why this matter. Does anyone really use anything but Google anymore?

But anyway, the information on how to edit the header in Sitebuilder seems to be here:
http://wiki.bravesites.com/w/Advanced_Website_Settings

need verification instructions

Courtnie,
Can you give me specific, step by step, laymen:) instructions on how to add a cname or html snippet to my website page so that google and bing can verify me for a crawl/index w their search engines?

thanks!
bilinguallearner.com

Quote:

I'm not sure why this matter. Does anyone really use anything but Google anymore?

4% bing on my UK based site.

I keep seeing stories about G loosing ground but it is never reflected in my site stats.