Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Index > Websites > Site Builder Discussions > google can not index due to robots.txt
Forum: Site Builder Discussions
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
google can not index due to robots.txt

Hi, in google webmasters the following bravesites website landsmeer.bravesites.com is verified.

But the sitemap.xml won't be indexed, and responds with error : since robots.txt is set to block crawlers like google.

How to enable this?

Re: google can not index due to robots.txt

Interesting question. I wasn't able to do anything the robots.txt at all - and the idea that someone should actually add a robotx.txt file without asking me never occurred to me.

I would probably be furious if I was using the bravesites site for anything but studying the editor.

The way it seems to be supposed to work is this:
You go to My Website, and if there is a dropdown menu (I don't get one in Explorer 7, for instance), you select Website Settings, then Advanced.

One of the choices is Edit robots.txt. But when I tried, I couldn't edit it. There was just a blank box where I could add things. (But not delete them later)

This may depend on my browser, though. As I said, nothing works in Explorer 7. Maybe you can edit if you have the right browser. You could also try to turn the sitemap on or off (also under Advanced), to see what happens. Good luck.

(There are other editors out there, you know)

The way it seems to be supposed to work is this:
You go to My Website, and if there is a dropdown menu (I don't get one in Explorer 7, for instance), you select Website Settings, then Advanced.

One of the choices is Edit robots.txt. [/quote]

Thanx for the swift replye.

But in my webbased editor, in for example google chrome, there is no robots.txt visable or edittable anywhere

Email  

Well, I tried Opera, Explorer and Firefox.

Did I mention that bravesites isn't the only editor there is?