Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Site Builder Discussions
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
blog comment doesn't work for IE.

I have now acquired fire fox, chrome, and IE. It seems that the submit button on the blog works for all but IE. My computer savvy friend suggests that if I'm using your component and it was already embedded in the home page of the website template, ( and it was ), that it should be ON YOU to see that it works with all browsers. That makes sense to me. Thing is, it still requires that an IE user of the blog must refresh the home page at least once for the blog "submit" button to work. I'd really like to see this fixed, somehow. I'm willing to try stuff, or whatever, but let's try and get this fixed, shall we? Thank you so much for your help and wisdom.

Re: blog comment doesn't work for IE.

Quote: Diane Harto
I have now acquired fire fox, chrome, and IE. It seems that the submit button on the blog works for all but IE. My computer savvy friend suggests that if I'm using your component and it was already embedded in the home page of the website template, ( and it was ), that it should be ON YOU to see that it works with all browsers. That makes sense to me. Thing is, it still requires that an IE user of the blog must refresh the home page at least once for the blog "submit" button to work. I'd really like to see this fixed, somehow. I'm willing to try stuff, or whatever, but let's try and get this fixed, shall we? Thank you so much for your help and wisdom.
I WISH SOMEONE WOULD GIVE A REPLY. I'M SURE OTHERS ARE WONDERING ABOUT THIS TOO. THERE'S BEEN MANY VIEWS OF THIS MESSAGE. HOW MANY OTHERS NEED THIS FIXED AS WELL. Thank you for your time.

Hi Diane,

This really was a pretty specific problem and not happening to many (or any) other members. That is why you are not seeing any replies to your post.

I am happy to say I have finally be able to track down your problem and fix it though.

Your domain was pointing at your bravesites URL and masking the URL - thus preventing comments from being posted in IE. I have removed domain masking from your domain settings and your comments are now working fine.

The thing is now, if you go to woodcarvedart.com your url is going to change to woodcarvedart.bravesites.com - if wish for your users to not see the bravesites extension, you will need to upgrade your site to professional and add your domain through the bravesites control panel. Upgrading will also allow for more pages, space and the removal of ads.

Courtnie

Thank you Courtnie for your trouble. However, this is not an acceptable solution. I would like to go back to the way it was and I will be dropping the blog altogether. I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE THE WORD "BRAVESITES" VISIBLE ON MY URL. I am afraid that if a site visitor bookmarks that url and I ever leave Bravenet, that bookmark will be lost. I've had so little activity with the blog that I will now prefer to drop it altogether. I feel that's much better than losing potential bookmarked followers. I just want my url to show:
woodcarvedart.com I hope that's not too much trouble. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Again, thank you for all your help.I do appreciate it. Can you please let me know when this has been done.

Sorry for the troubles, I have turned masking back on.

Courtnie

Thank you. I'll try to learn more about the webbuilder so I can use it better. Thanks for your help. You'll probably hear from me again, sometime! Thank you.