Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Web Hosting Discussions
This forum is locked and posting is not allowed
Author
Comment
Drupal 8 support

I have been a Bravenet customer for years, and have several sites running on Drupal 7. I recently tried to install a test site using the new Drupal 8 version. I have run into a major problem. The new version now requires mod_rewrite to be enabled on the Apache server. It appears to affect the clean URL functions, and breaks the core software update process. Is it possible for Bravenet to enable this function?

Any other Drupal users here on Bravenet?
Dan

Email  
Re: Drupal 8 support

Judging by the length of time before spam posts have been deleted it doesn't look as if Bravenet techs are checking the forums with anything like their former frequency. If you want to ask Bravenet a question you would be best advised to do so through the support ticket system.

I have also opened a service ticket. I just thought maybe other users might like to know about the new requirement. I'll post any replies I get here.
Dan

Email  

Quote: Dan Ramirez
I have been a Bravenet customer for years, and have several sites running on Drupal 7. I recently tried to install a test site using the new Drupal 8 version. I have run into a major problem. The new version now requires mod_rewrite to be enabled on the Apache server. It appears to affect the clean URL functions, and breaks the core software update process. Is it possible for Bravenet to enable this function?

Any other Drupal users here on Bravenet?

Dan

mod_rewrite is enabled by default on most hosting services.

What is the main error that you are receiving which is related to/mentioning mod_rewrite?

Update 6/11/16
I got a nice reply from Bravenet on my service ticket with a couple of suggestions. It boiled down to getting help from the Drupal community. I tried posting on the Drupal forums, but haven't had any replies. Is anyone here on Bravenet working with Drupal 8 yet?

Email