Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Web Hosting Discussions
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Site to be taken down

I got an email today saying my site will be taken down due to my not signing in. I have signed in and am being told I do not have a domain and that I am a free member so no ticket can be issued. Why after having paid for the site are we being told we do not have one? the site is up and running, however I can not update the site. PLEASE HELP!!!

Re: Site to be taken down

You must have created a second Bravenet account at some point and are logging in to the wrong one. That is the usual reason for the problem you describe.

I don't understand why that email should have been sent unless you have a Bravesites site or some other service set up on the second, free, account. As long as your site is paid up to date then it should be safe.

If you've created other accounts under the same email address, you would have received that message for your other account and not your primary account.

You will not receive the 30 days suspension notice if you are a PRO Hosted member.

That is the problem, we do have a pro account, yet when I sign in it will not allow me to go into file manager to work on the web site. Tells me my account does not support that and that I must upgrade to pro. We have had the same website and account since we moved the webpage and domain to bravenet. I am lost as to why it keeps telling me to upgrade. We are a volunteer fire department and I really need to update the page. I never received an email saying it was time to renew, and can't find anywhere when it will be time to renew.

I do also have my own page, but that is also a pro account, in fact I updated that page yesterday.

Nancy

Log in to the account and see what the account number is in your computer's address bar. The address should finish usernum=nnnnnnnnn where nnnnnnnnn is a nine digit number. The paid account that you are using for your hit counter and guestbook is 3436441489. If the number that you see is different then you are logging in to the wrong account. If it is the same then there is a problem that Bravenet need to resolve.

This is all that shows in the address
https://pub38.bravenet.com/members/

Still telling me I am a free member, how do I get this fixed? I am beginning to get frustrated that I can not work on nor open a ticket on a site that we paid for.

If you are saying and can prove you are a Pro customer in good standing (with two paid accounts you said) and you have gotten an email saying you are not or are otherwise being treated as a free user, of which support is not available, I would say that qualifies as a "Billing inquiry" or "Pro Upgrade/Renewal issue," in which case you can use this form and Bravenet can look up your account to help resolve the issue:

https://www.bravenet.com/help/postquestion.php?action=billingissue

According to the Internet Archive (Google that term), your site has been "Saved 48 times between February 5, 2005 and January 12, 2016." All your images and site designs are preserved there in case your site goes down. Good luck. I am a 10-year Pro customer.

Thank you Jim, we are working on things now. I finally got a ticket put in, and everything is being taken care of. I should have updated, after getting the ticket in.

i dont know