Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Web Hosting Discussions
This forum is locked and posting is not allowed
Author
Comment
Email problems since yesterday. Anyone else?

Pro customer, nearly 10 years. I cannot send or receive long emails in my domain email account. This began yesterday. Made numerous test sends, plain text & html, to and from Yahoo and a mail.com account, nothing arriving sent from my domain email, even though a copy appeared in the sent folder. Nothing arrives sent from Yahoo or mail.com.

Someone is claiming in this forum to have hacked Bravenet. I can log in okay and my website is still showing. Yesterday I did experience some problems logging into my email, both directly and through my file manager. Anyone else having email problems in the past 24 hours? Has the email system been disrupted because of this hacker?

You may not yet be aware of an email problem because you still get a copy in your sent folder and the system says it was sent successfully, but perhaps your recipient never got it. Try a test send to another email address you own like I did.

Re: Email problems since yesterday. Anyone else?

Update: Three of my long emails finally appeared a day later in my yahoo account. Curiously, they were not emboldened, as if they had been read.

The emails tests to my mail.com account are still missing.

The test-send email draft in question is intended to go to my local government and is an ecomonic pitch; one passage of which includes promoting the area to drone manufacturers and enthusiests to locate in my county and create jobs. So, the email includes the words drone, military, federal government, etc.

I hate how if I, in Florida, want to email my local elected officials a mile away, my bravenet email has to travel thousands of miles to far Canada where bravenet is and back and get intercepted and screened by the NSA and Canadian intelligence enroute because it crosses international borders and contains keywords of interest to them.

My email account says the emails were sent successfully, copies show in my sent folder, but in fact they never arrived.

My advice to you is that if you are sending a lengthy email or one that might contain controversial words, to test send it first or Bcc a copy to another email account as a way to verify if it actually went out as the system claims.

I've lost my faith in the domain name email that comes with my paid hosting as a result of this experience.

I get weird stuff happening with my non Bravenet email from time to time.

I generally find email about as reliable as snail mail (but from what I have heard about USPS that might be a plus 1 for Royal Mail) just a lot quicker.

Email is in no way intended to be instantaneous, as it is indeed a form of mail. We have in no way been hacked or compromised, if you have any security or support concerns please be sure to create a dedicated Bravenet support ticket so that a Bravenet technician can investigate and analyse your issue directly.

Thank you!

I am having this problem more and more, particularly if there is an attachment.

see below.

########

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Advertising.
Sent: 27/10/2015 12:15

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'xxx@xxx.net' on 27/10/2015 12:15
Server error: '452 4.1.1 ... temporary failure'

######

What is going on?

We were experiencing troubles with our email servers last week.
Those issues have been resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience it caused.